Point of interest question

Reaction score
If I pick a POI like a large building etc. which, while circling could result in loss of signal will the copter RTH? If that is the case then one would not be able to use POI unless the copter is well above the subject. I have a stack (300+feet) in our local park with stairs going to about 200 feet that I would like to film. Looking forward to the zoom in the cameras in the future. Also, what rate would you suggest for circling?

Yes, you are correct about RTH being triggered by loss of signal.. You could get around this by using something like Litchi or Autopilot ( in LCMC mode) to circle the POI in autonomous mode. With these products the waypoint mission will continue without your input if signal is lost.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think the go app and drone does NOT trigger a RTH if the signal is lost on a POI orbit.

Unless this has been changed over the last few updates.

It would depend on how long the signal is lost. Try it at different speeds to see what works. Stand at one corner and when it goes behind the building, move to the other corner of the building so there is less time without signal. Just make sure to set the RTH height high enough to clear the building and any other objects in between it and the home point in case it does RTH.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.