Point of interest on the standard

Reaction score
I apologize profusely because I'm sure this question has been asked many times. But I have searched and all I am finding is how to do it on the pro and advanced, which are different So if someone could just post a link to the answer I would greatly appreciate it.

How do you program point of interest on the Phantom Standard? I don't have access to youtube so if there is a written answer, that would be great.

Thanks

You can find videos for the other IOC modes here.

I'm going off memory here so hopefully I'm getting it right.
Take the Phantom 3S up right above the POI, and flip the S1 switch to the lowest position.
That will bring up the intelligent flight mode options on the Go app.
Choose POI. Assuming that the Phantom is already straight above the POI, click Apply.
Now, back up to your desired radius, and aim the camera at the point of interest, and once you're ready, click Start on the app. An additional warning will show up on the Go app, and click ok.
Lastly, don't do as I did, and watch your Phantom clip the top of a tree!
30c01a543cbfd28d0ce5bacff70f420a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: roartiz
You need to flip the S1 switch to the lowest position, as well as making sure "multiple flight modes" is enabled in the menu. Otherwise, the above reply is spot on!

You can also change the circling speed and direction, at which point the app will tell you how long it will take to complete one full rotation.

You need to flip the S1 switch to the lowest position, as well as making sure "multiple flight modes" is enabled in the menu. Otherwise, the above reply is spot on!
You are correct! Thank you...
I'll correct that in my post above.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: roartiz
Thank you all very much. I love this thing but the learning curve sometime exceeds my maturity curve. o_O

Thank you all very much. I love this thing but the learning curve sometime exceeds my maturity curve. o_O
It's definitely quite a bit up front, especially if you're coming from a dinky nano quadcopter like I did. Just read the manual until you get sick of it, and watch videos on YouTube!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20