Point me to the DIY drone repair palace

Reaction score
Hello. 1st timer on your forum.
Quick snapshot on my situation : P3S lost altitude suddenly, took a freshwater bath, approx 30 seconds submerged before battery removal.. I disassembled and dried for 5 days.[desert climate] Shell and interior look perfect, nothing looks fried or out of place.. Reassembled thoroughly, & battery still lights up, but when inserted and started up, one motor clicks once then battery turns off..

Being new to the drone game, I assume the unit is a total loss..
However.
It appears to be rather modular, meaning: I seek comprehensive info on using multimeter to test each component, determine status, and whether or not to replace...
Like resistance value on motor, esc, et cetera, to know if they're fried or not. I have yet to find a singular thread or website that covers all of these things.

Sorry to be long winded, but yeah, again im a 1st timer. Any info will be greatly appreciated

Welcome.

There are no user serviceable parts except maybe props. At least that's DJI's intent.
Some folks here are handy and can DIY sure.

Thus there are no manuals for test points for you to measure and the module granularity is low, just a few modules.

Motors only have the bearings to move or wear.
You can measure the three motor coils to determine similar resistance aginst itselt as well as thother motors. But if no smell, than the motors are likely fine.

If you are having motor probs it's likely the main PCB which contain the ESCs.

Welcome.

There are no user serviceable parts except maybe props. At least that's DJI's intent.

Thus there are no manuals for test points for you to measure and the module granularity is low, just a few modules.

You can measure the three motor coils to determine similar resistance aginst itselt as well as thother motors. But if no smell, than the motors are likely fine.

If you are having motor probs it's likely the main PCB which contain the ESCs.[/QUO
Welcome.

If you are having motor probs it's likely the main PCB which contain the ESCs.
Right, I've seen them for around $100, and I'll likely begin with R&R of that.

Any ideas on why the battery turns off after the one motor clicks? Some safety shutoff protocol perhaps?

Does the battery remain On if not inserted in the aircraft?
One of the battery's safety features is over current protection/shut-off.

Just a WAG (Wild @$$ Guess).

Hopefully others here who have been able to repair similar issues can help further, I cannot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1