Point and shoot camera mount.

Reaction score
I made this go pro adaptor from a $7 eBay go pro mount. All I needed to do was cut a bolt to size and glue it in. Now I have a way to attach a point and shoot camera to my quad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 574
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 588
Nice! I thought about trying exactly that, but stopped short of finding the longer retaining bolt needed to marry that piece with the mount on the Phantom (sort of a reverse-polarity situation with the way the gopro mounts are designed). What length exactly did you use?

How are you going to adjust the angle of the camera? (in relation to the adjustable axis of the mount?)

I screwed the bolt into the bottom of the camera until a tight fit was achieved. Marked it and did the same on the go pro mount. As of adjusting the camera position it screws down firmly to about the right position. It's then just a matter of twist and attach to the phantom with out the bolt to check the alignment and adjust if needed.

Horrible amount of vibration apparent through the camera. I improvised a damper using this rubber band cut into strips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 496
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 540

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads