Please urge a veto of SB 142

Reaction score
California residents please Goto:

www.auvsi.org/advocacy/actnow

and fill out the quick form that is sent to Govenor Jerry Brown urging him to veto this ridiculous bill that limits flying drones to above 350 feet over a residence without express written permission. A bill written out of fear, not understanding of drone photography and potentially makes flying drones more dangerous in the state of California.

Thank you.

Reactions: louforgiveno
Done! [emoji106]

It'd be great if they allowed a similarly easy way for non-residents to voice their concern. Their form automates a message that says "As a resident of California"...with no option to edit. I'd like to say, "As a frequent tourist as well as business traveler to California, as well as one that spends a significant amount of money in support of the burgeoning drone technology business...of which is a large employer/corporate presence in California..." Guess I'll just have to write my own letter.

Why on earth would you want to encourage Governor "Moon Beam" Brown to sign ANY drone bill, including AB 856? :eek: This website, which purports to represent our interests is just harvesting our information, and does not represent our interests properly in any way. It's a scam that will accomplish nothing other than the selling of your personal information by the website owners to spammers and marketers. If you disagree, kindly prove me wrong! :cool:

I didn't know that California had any authority to regulate air space in the first place. Did anybody check to see what the FAA's view on this legislation is?

I didn't know that California had any authority to regulate air space in the first place. Did anybody check to see what the FAA's view on this legislation is?
They do not! But that doesn't prevent grandstanding politicians from grabbing headlines by trying to! It's unconstitutional on its face. No need to worry about this bill. You need to worry about ones that are less reactionary and more carefully written to comply with preemption and the jurisdiction of the FAA!:cool:

Why on earth would you want to encourage Governor "Moon Beam" Brown to sign ANY drone bill, including AB 856? :eek: This website, which purports to represent our interests is just harvesting our information, and does not represent our interests properly in any way. It's a scam that will accomplish nothing other than the selling of your personal information by the website owners to spammers and marketers. If you disagree, kindly prove me wrong! :cool:

If what they say in their mission statement (about us) is true then they seem legit.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441843341.024367.jpg

If what they say in their mission statement (about us) is true then they seem legit.

View attachment 30193
I revise my prior assessment about their illegitimacy, but their interests and mine (and likely yours, too) are not the same, so I don't want them speaking for me, nor putting words in my mouth in an email they have pre-writtten based upon their agenda, rather than mine! I do not support, nor recommend, any drone bill that the CA legislature has drafted! Until the FAA decides what to do, no state law governing use of drones, other than how law enforcement may use them, is constitutional!:eek: They are preempted by the FAA!

UPDATE: Brown vetoed the bill today because it was federally preempted by the FAA control of all national airspace! The FAA trumps both state and local laws when it comes to our rights to fly through national airspace!

Fly on! :D:cool::D

Reactions: unclejas

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj