Please Look at this for me ASAP!

Reaction score
Hi sorry for the dramatic post its just I'm at my wits end!!! The attached image is of the file which I downloaded off the dji site I then double clicked it and transferred it to a blank sd card which I have now inserted into my P3a .

My question are because I'm using a Mac do I need to further unzip or do something with the attached folder before moving it over to the sd card for my P3. As I have heard no beeps and all I'm getting is flashing yellow lights I assume the update is not happening??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

First check the file extension, it should be bin and not zip.

Keep RC off during FW installation on P3.Ensure you pick up the right update file, there are different files for different versions.

Wait until LED light on gimbal turns solid green. Switch off battery, take out the card and read the txt file generated on your card. It should say Success.

For sure you have to unzip the file.

The update file is a .bin file, not the .zip one

Just put the .bin file in the root folder of the sdcard and update will start normaly.

when update happen, green and red light blink
green light steady, update finished !

good luck

@alokbhargava just beat me to answer more quickly :)

There is a general method to the madness of the sequence one updates.
The bird updates from the sd card if powered up alone.

Unzip/extract and then take bin file(drag, copy/paste, cut and paste)onto the sd card main directory where you usually see Media, DCIM on the sd card. That is the "root directory.

Yes, you did. ;-)
Now go RTFM... HAHAHA

RedHotPoker

Have done all of the above! My p3 started normally and has 2 red lights at the front and continuous flashing yellow however I have not heard any beeping different than from a normal start up does this mean the p3 is updating in your opinion??

Sorry this is an image of the file I copied over to the sd card!
590941e78ca6a9086dc6bf13668e4e46.jpg

If you hear no D-D-D-D, and the gimbal LED diodes aren't flashing RedGreen RedGreen, then the update is not working.
Format the sd card in the drone and reload the bare bin file into the card from the computer and try again.

RedHotPoker

If it went properly, it took several minutes and the led light in the front of the camera gimbal is solid green. turn off bird. Pull s/d card and insert it into a computer, call it up and verify it has a TXT file now. Open that TXT file and it will state abort, success, etc.....

Check the size of the .bin file you have downloaded to make sure that it is the same as what it should be.
62,615,666 bytes

Files can become corrupted during downloads sometimes. Perhaps redownload. Removing the first zip file and .bin and try the process again.

[...i'm a somewhat disturbed about this "ASAP" stuff with vague information because IMHO we should s.l.o.w.l.y read and re-read the manuals 1st :-]

a) Anyways, (and if I understand the problem ... so you want to update the FW, right??) a Mac should automatically uncompress that .zip file to .bin when double-clicked.

b) Then you should copy the .bin to the SD card.

c) The SD card should (AFAIK) be formatted as FAT Master Boot Record to behave correctly on the DJI. A Mac can do this but IMHO it is most fool-proof to let the DJI format the SD-card, THEN copy the .bin to it on a Mac.

d) Then update the FW on you DJI (the read-me should guide you).

e) ...I guess by the time I post this you have already have done all that... :-|

Just an update my MacBook Pro won't read the card readers or adapter port is there any other way to transfer the firmware?

Any decent Mac should be able to handle the DJI SD cards (I have an "ancient" 2009 Mac mini and my son a 2015 MacBook Pro). Consult your local dealer.

Just an update my MacBook Pro won't read the card readers or adapter port is there any other way to transfer the firmware?

Sometimes, if the sd card when placed in a sd card adapter wont read or write when place into the computer, a piece of scotch tape can be used to cover the slot on the adapter. Seems there may be a youtube on this or Google it.

Can I use an iPad with the correct adapter to install the firmware? If not I will get a friends pc tomorrow and hopefully get it done! Sorry for all the trouble tonight guys!!!

Reactions: matti
Not sure if this means anything but maybe the -2 2 is making the phantom not read it correctly.

Can I use an iPad with the correct adapter to install the firmware? If not I will get a friends pc tomorrow and hopefully get it done! Sorry for all the trouble tonight guys!!!

Yes. With the proper sd card to lightning adapter, an iPad would work as long as it's not limited in file size.
Ideally you want the sd card to be formatted in the bird. Then any computer that will download and move/extract the .bin file and place it on the sd card root directory will be fine for the bird.

You're no trouble. Just pay it back to another when you can with your experience. lol

Not sure if this means anything but maybe the -2 2 is making the phantom not read it correctly.

That's it exactly! The file name should end in "-2" not "-2 2". Delete the " 2" and it should work.

Hi guys finally got the firmware update done!!! Thanks for all your help and patience [emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20