Please help

Reaction score
I have just got my new replacement p3a and it says it needs a firmware upgrade and battery upgrade..? How do I sort this please, is it safe to fly if I don't do it till later today ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The firmware updates are done through the DJI go app, with the advanced and pro you can also use the Camera's SD card, updating isn't essential, but I'm not sure if it effects your warranty running old versions.

Go to the DJI website and download the firmware update. Copy the update file to the root directory of your micro sd card and put the card in your Phantom...Firmware will update, and the battery will be updated at the same time. If you have more than one battery, leave the update file on your card and insert the second battery...it will update when you turn the Phantom on.

Probably worth you downloading the full manual at the same time...contains lots of information. You can also download the instructions for updating.

Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

I'm a little confused after checking the version on the app it says I have app 2:6 0
Aircraft. 1.5.30
Rc 1.5.70
Says I have to do update through the app, is this on my iPad or should I do it on a Mac with the sd card
Should I download 1.6.0040 then add it to the sd card then put it in the drone ?

The p3a I've got today is a replacement for my p3a that had a batt cell go dead yet that one didn't ask for a update on the batt or firmware

trickys, only the remote controller update is done through the DJI GO app. You must manually install firmware updates on the Phantom and batteries. You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Your app and remote are both up to date...you just need to install the firmware for the quad and the battery following the instructions given above.

Trickys, you need to google how to do this. The info given here already will have to in a tailspin for an hour!

You put the SD card with the FW on it in the bird and turn it on by itself and let it do its thing. It takes a long time

Well I watched the video and used the sd card it was not to hard to follow, the drone updated in 30 min and both battery's a couple of min, all working great, am very happy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl