PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
While working on upgrading my controller, I broke a connector going from the con board to the main board. I took a good look and the connector is the only thing broken. Where can I find another connector? Please help.. Ugh.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434117040.408056.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434117052.324629.jpg

Good luck

The connector appears fine, it's just come off.
Although you have a better view than me.

It seems it just did not get hot enough for the solder to properly flow and bind to the PCB terminals.

You'll need solder skills and a very fine tip.

Is that one of the flip up connectors? Will it not snap back in or is there a piece broken on it?

It's a flipup connector but the connector pins fell out so I need the entire connector at this point to slide back into the board.

What about a new board for my controller if I can't find that flip up connector anywhere?

Yeah I had to go to the regular web page, it looks like it's also going to have to be soldiered, which can be tedious, take it to a electronic repair shop and if they do a lot of repairs they should be able to find the connector end with their hook ups.

So you think they may be able to find that exact connector and resolder?
It's worth a shot. If not, you will have to send to DJI and wait 2 months for a repair. The only other option is to buy a new controller, OUCH! Try to find one used from a crashed unit being parted out and it might be cheaper.

Reactions: Jbundy63
So there's two issues, the connector broke (mechanism which clamps the ribbon), and came off the board (solder joints failed)?

So you think they may be able to find that exact connector and resolder?
If they do a lot of repairs I would think they should be able to come up with the connector end, that is used on other electronic device, of course same size connector and pin count. Definitely work a try! Wish you the best of luck!

That's not a hand solder job, that's a reflow.
Find someone that has experience.

BTW, WTF were you doing in there?

Reactions: Bigdz
That's unfortunate! Gd luck...

On another topic, black socks and slipper comment...hmmm...karma is a...

Take the socks off. Seriously. Your making us UAV pilots look like tools. Never mind the sticker....

That's unfortunate! Gd luck...

On another topic, black socks and slipper comment...hmmm...karma is a...
lol I was going to say something about pimpin' them air Jordan slipons but bit my tongue. Those are some classics! You might be able to get a few more batteries by putting them on ebay. :)

Reactions: Bigdz
Those connectors have a ton of specs. You'll need to know conductor size, the pitch and exposure length These can be measured off the cable if you have some decent calipers. Best bet, as others have suggested is going to be to take it to a local shop. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.