Please help with p3a motor and motherboard question

Reaction score
Can someone shed some light on an issue for me. I have a p3a with the newer 2312a motors. Need to buy new motors but wanted to confirm previous owner didn't put the newer motors on an older motherboard unit. Or does this even matter. Any help would be appreciated View attachment 107371

Last edited:
Can't seem to get photo to come across. Very new to this stuff. My p3a has the 2312a motors and I just wanted to make sure my Escalon board was correct. Any easy way of identifying between the old and new board

We need to see the mother board you have so we can tell you if it is the older or newer . why do you need motors?

We need to see the mother board you have so we can tell you if it is the older or newer . why do you need motors?
I tried putting motor guards on and a screw went up into armature of motor. At least one. Guards were correct for unit. But screws were too long. I see this has happened before that's what led me to the problem

IMG_2665.JPG

I tried putting motor guards on and a screw went up into armature of motor. At least one. Guards were correct for unit. But screws were too long. I see this has happened before that's what led me to the problem
Yes, this happens with some regularity and it is perhaps the very first thing we've warned people about over the years when they add or remove prop guards.
The good thing is that you realized the issue and also realized there are board and motor differences. Many don't know and that causes further issues / cost.
Good luck!

Reactions: JoBe
I am thankful for the help on this site since I joined,, nice to able to tap into all the knowledgeable people. Makes it easier on the amount of research or trial and error. Thx again

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
I am thankful for the help on this site since I joined,, nice to able to tap into all the knowledgeable people. Makes it easier on the amount of research or trial and error. Thx again
I'm glad that we have been helpful.

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. One of the tips pertains to using the wrong screws with prop guards, so perhaps there are one or two other tid bits you'd find useful.

Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
Oso or anyone else that has any ideas?? When replacing the motor(motors) doni go with oem dji or is aftermarket motors ok.,, ??? Thx in advance!!

Thx that's what I will check into

To everyone that helped on this issue. Thank you so much. I replaced one motor with obvious damage and esc message disappeared and everything appears normal. I will add that I first attempted just to twist leads together on short tails off mother board just as a test and esc message still there. After soldering connections all was ok.

Reactions: 3rdof5 and Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers