Please help this Mac moron (me)

Reaction score
Orig post to dji support on fb:
Me- i put the file onto a mem card and tried to update craft and the sounds do not start.P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin.cpgz
Then dji said-
You need to unzip the file before you load it on the SD card. Please format the SD card to Fat32 and then after you have unzipped the downloaded file install the .bin file on the root directory. You can then insert in the gimbal and power the craft to start the upgrade. Wait until the led on the front of the gimbal turns solid green, then you are done.
Then I said-
i guess i dunno how. i have successfully done an update before, when i received my craft. i am missing something. what is the file after being unzipped called? i think my new mac os is doing different things to the unzip process maybe??? please help
(Since then (this morning) I got the file I attempted to update with to end in (.bin) but still no noises.
Super frustrated.
I think the solution is simple but I'm just not seeing it. If a Mac knowledgeable user can help me out if be very appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me- i put the file onto a mem card and tried to update craft and the sounds do not start.P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin.cpgz
Then dji said-
You need to unzip the file before you load it on the SD card. Please format the SD card to Fat32 and then after you have unzipped the downloaded file install the .bin file on the root directory. You can then insert in the gimbal and power the craft to start the upgrade. Wait until the led on the front of the gimbal turns solid green, then you are done.
Then I said-
i guess i dunno how. i have successfully done an update before, when i received my craft. i am missing something. what is the file after being unzipped called? i think my new mac os is doing different things to the unzip process maybe??? please help
(Since then (this morning) I got the file I attempted to update with to end in (.bin) but still no noises.
Super frustrated.
I think the solution is simple but I'm just not seeing it. If a Mac knowledgeable user can help me out if be very appreciated.

make sure you are placing it in the root directory of the SD card, not in any folder on the SD card.

Then dji said-
Then I said-
Super frustrated.

You've gone too far by clicking on the .bin file and coming up with the .bin.cpgz file. Just drag the .bin file to the root of your card and load into the Phantom.

Bobmeyers, rocky, - I have done both of these attempts

Bobmeyers, rocky, - I have done both of these attempts

Then try to download the bin file again. The one you are using may be corrupted.

Thanks you guys for all your help. I really appreciate it. I got it to work by reformatting the card while in the bird using the app, then pulled it, and it accepted the file in the right way.

I reformat these all the time on a mac - you have to remember to format them FAT32 though, although just dragging everything to the trash & emptying the trash via the finder menu works too. If you need to load new firmware, just drag the zip file to the desktop, double click it & it will expand to a bin file. Then drag that to the card, being careful that you don't accidently put it in the DCIM folder, which will be present if you haven't formatted the card since you last flew.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers