!PLEASE HELP! Samsung S6 Rebooting

Reaction score
I got a samsung s6 that I have been using for the past 4-5 months since I have owned my P3P. I have had 50-60 flights with no issues. All of a sudden my phone starts rebooting repeatedly!!! It happens before takeoff sometimes and it happens mid flight.

I Have:
  1. The latest firmware updates
  2. The latest DJI Go app
  3. I have tried Litchi
  4. I have the latest droid OS
  5. I have tried a different usb

This is driving me nuts! I cannot even fly. I called DJI and they told me it is something to do with my phone.

Check USB port/ cable
Try another device

I am going to try my wife's iphone later this evening.

A factory reset on what? There is no way I am going to restore my phone to factory default in hopes of fixing this issue.

I am going to try my wife's iphone later this evening.

A factory reset on what? There is no way I am going to restore my phone to factory default in hopes of fixing this issue.
It will restore all the apps when you log in to your google account.
However some things like online banking will need setting up again.
Maybe it's a symptom of an underlying issue with the phone and reset won't help though.
I would be tempted to get a tablet specifically for it.

I have had a S6 and now have a S6 edge. Never had problems.
Did you try to uninstall the GO app?
Is there sufficient free space?

No I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall the GO app. I figured that if it is happening with other "fly" apps that it is not app related but I will give that a try.

I have like 4 gigs free on my phone and a 16gigs on the micro sd . I would assume this is plenty

So I made sure the firmware was up to date (installed again with success)
I uninstalled the GO app and tried Litchi..........
Still rebooting!!!

Is there a way to connect the s6 wireless to the controller? Can the other "smaller" usb be used on the controller to rule out the larger port?

how do i wipe the cache? I am only familir with that relating to an internet browser.

Just had this same issue on my note 4. Anytime I really used the phone hard like running go app or multi tasking it would get stuck in a boot loop. Until I plug in the charger. Check your battery usage graph in settings mine look like the attached photo. It ended up being a bad battery

Attachments

• 1461723737385.jpg
    1461723737385.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 329
No I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall the GO app. I figured that if it is happening with other "fly" apps that it is not app related but I will give that a try.

I have like 4 gigs free on my phone and a 16gigs on the micro sd . I would assume this is plenty
I did not think the Galaxy S6 had a micro sd card ?

It doesn't I was referring to the SD card in the P3P.
UPDATE:
I just flew a 15 min flight with no resets. I used a different USB cord (the 3rd one). I uninstalled the GO app and reinstalled.
I also flew with my wife's iPhone last night with no issues. The issue lies either with the: USB cord, the USB port on my phone which is a little loose, or possibly software related.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic