PLEASE HELP! P3P Will Not Update, nor Will the Controller!

Reaction score
I just got the Phantom 3 Pro today, and I've been notified that the battery, controller, and drone all need updating. When I try to update the controller with the DJI Go app, it doesn't nothing for 30 seconds and then says that my device disconnected. When I try to update the drone using a micro USB, the indicator light flashed red and green for about 10 seconds and then t urns solid red. When it turns solid red, a long tone sounds. Keep in mind that I have been following all the instructions I've seen, whether it be on YouTube or forums.

What's the very first thing you attempted to install?

The first thing I tried to install was the firmware for the controller. It's weird because when I was first setting the app up, I accidentally disconnected my iPad, and I was partway through the part where it shows you what firmware you need to update.

Had the same issue and went through the boards looking for answers - good suggestions but nothing seemed to work. Tried most of them. Called DJI and after long hold, then eventually tech support, had to send the P3P back to DJI. They fixed the issue for $200 (likely replaced the gimbal) and shipped it back. When I turned it all on, I skipped the firmware update but the camera wouldn't connect to the controller. Pushed the little button on the gimbal and everything connected. Hoping this wasn't the original problem all along. Be sure and try connecting the camera to the drone and check that it's displaying camera view (so that you can see the image from the iPhone or mini iPad or similar device). If not, do this first then try your update again. If it fails with both, you may need to bite the bullet and send it in for repair. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Downgrade your remote controller firmware like this. Then, follow these instructions to upgrade your firmware.
Downgrading my firmware didn't work. I think the problem is that my iPad disconnects with the controller after a few seconds. I have no idea why this is happening. When I try to upgrade the firmware (or downgrade it) the progress bar sits at 0% for 10-20 seconds, and then it says the upgrade failed, try again. When I tell it to try again, a pop up happens that says "Device disconnected"

Had the same issue and went through the boards looking for answers - good suggestions but nothing seemed to work. Tried most of them. Called DJI and after long hold, then eventually tech support, had to send the P3P back to DJI. They fixed the issue for $200 (likely replaced the gimbal) and shipped it back. When I turned it all on, I skipped the firmware update but the camera wouldn't connect to the controller. Pushed the little button on the gimbal and everything connected. Hoping this wasn't the original problem all along. Be sure and try connecting the camera to the drone and check that it's displaying camera view (so that you can see the image from the iPhone or mini iPad or similar device). If not, do this first then try your update again. If it fails with both, you may need to bite the bullet and send it in for repair. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
It is not displaying camera view, but I assumed that was because it wasn't updated. When I turn the drone on and do nothing else, the gimbal rotates around a few times and I hear the sharp beeps that mean it is on. Then the front lights turn red and the back lights turn yellow. The status light above the camera is solid red. Also, what "little button on the gimbal" are you talking about? I see no such button.

When I try to upgrade the firmware (or downgrade it) the progress bar sits at 0% for 10-20 seconds, and then it says the upgrade failed, try again. When I tell it to try again, a pop up happens that says "Device disconnected"
Which firmware are you upgrading and/or downgrading?

I had a similar issue last week and took a lot of reading, followed some of Phantom Helps advice ( thank you sire ) and did this;

Delete the most recent version of your firmware on your PC.

Copy any photos/videos off the SD card that you want to keep.

Format the SD card using Windows 7 or earlier. ( I keep one Windoze machine around for this type of stuff )

Download and extract the BIN file.

Copy it to the root AKA top directory of the SD card.

Take a fully charged battery - stick it and the SD card in the drone, go to a place like your garage or some place where the beeping can be ignored.

Power up the Phantom. Let it beep and leave.

15 minutes later come back and see if it is in normal status. If not repeat above or try a different SD card. It took me FOUR tries.

Once the Phantom is good...

Power up the Phantom, power up your tablet/phone then power up the RC. Try the update.

This worked for me, I think there is an issue in the firmware that is causing this during the update process.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik