Please help... No gps just blinking yellow light

Reaction score
I have tried everything i could and have checked everything. It is set on ppm. I have tried d-bus but nothing works. I am able to fly but its without gps so i am getting a signal from tx..

After warm up its a slow flash. Again it fly great just no GPS. Its driven me crazy i have tried everything even replace compass. Any help would be awesome. Also the first time i called dji they said it was the firmware update. The second time i called they told me they dont and will not work on P1 anymore.

The GPS antenna puck could be cracked,or the plug at either end of the cable connecting the GPS antenna could be dislodged.
Take the top of the frame off and check both ends of the cable.If they are both plugged in firmly remove the GPS puck from the shell and inspect it,looking for a hairline crack in the ceramic part of the antenna.
To remove the GPS puck you will need to first remove the copper sheilding (the grey stuff) stuck over the puck.Be carefull not to tear this and don't touch the sticky side or let it get dirt or dust on it so it can be stuck down again,take your time.
If the GPS puck is damaged replacements are inexpensive and easy to find on ebay.

Thanks for the fast reply. I have looked the GPS over really good (a few times) and have also checked the wires and plugs and cant find anything. Someone else on here paid 150.00 for a new GPS and that didn't fix it . his was the compass.. I'm thinking mine is the GPS i just don't i know if i want to risk spending the money because i was wanting to upgrade to a p3 by the end of the year. I wish there was a way to test the GPS through Naza.

Reactions: magicman
in naza it shows 0.0.0 , like this?

Is there in the naza program a hardware id or just 0.0.0.0 behind the gps?

I think it is the compass, if it is the ceramic antenne is broken it should blinking red

Correct naza shows just like your picture. In hardware ID it show just 0.0.0 also.i have tried a new compass i guess i will order a new one again. I keep going back to that also. Maybe i got a bad one last time.

if i disconnect the compas i get also 0000 by hardware id and in tools and i can start the phantom, only it blinks rapid 3 times yellow and then a second pause and 3 times yellow......
it is possible that you received a bad one, do you have a multimeter so you can check the wires one by one.
and check the gps board for missing parts, some times a part is broken off the board.
there is also a compatible gps compass module non dji and cost around 40dollar. it do not fit without modification into the phantom, you have to glue it inside or with double side tape.

I do have a multimeter and was wondering if i could use it some way. I'm not real sure how to use it.
The 3 times yellow is what mine does in warm up then its just 1 blink about ever 3 seconds. Then can fly no problem.
Could it be the main board? Because the compass goes to the GPS then the GPS to the main board. Is that possible?

Again thanks for all this help.i feel like we are getting somewhere.

multimeter -->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the gps go to the naza module, not to the main board. the naza module is a red or yellow box
borrowed this picture from another topic
20150406_175123-jpg.16753

Sorry that's what i meant. Could that go bad? Just for the GPS part of it.
For the multimeter, im assuming to have the battery connected and check everything that can be checked and that its getting a reading

Sorry that's what i meant. Could that go bad? Just for the GPS part of it.
For the multimeter, im assuming to have the battery connected and check everything that can be checked and that its getting a reading
Power off to check continuity and resistance.
Power on to check voltage and current draw/Amps.

i have unplugged the complete gps print on one of my phantoms and then i get a yellow flash every 3 seconds.
so there is no communication between your gps print and naza.module.
So it is not your compass causing this.
You have to check the wires from the gps print to the naza for resistance with the multmeter, if there is no resistance your gps print is faulty or your naza.
the cheapest solution is to find some one who has a good gps print and try that one.
Or buy a compatible model gps compas if there is nobody in your neighborhood.

What is a good resistance value for the GPS. And I'm guess the GPS print is the whole GPS unit.

this is the gps print:
IMG_20160727_203902_zpshotpqnww.jpg

the white stuff on the end of the wires is a sort kind of glue, you have to remove it carefully then you can use the multimeter to check the resistance of the wires
the easy way is to put a wire in the connector and one pen from the multimeter to this wire and the other pen to the same wire on the board
IMG_20160727_204150_zpsvvsjswvg.jpg

IMG_20160727_204150_zpsvvsjswvg.jpg

in this picture i measure the blue wire, and the resistance is almost 0, what is good.
IMG_20160727_204722_zpsk4kq3gdm.jpg

You must check the resistance from the same wire from the connector to the board, not the resistance between the different wires

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.