Please help, my phantom spins around with no input

Reaction score
The yaw is messed up. When I take off it just spins around and around forever. My compass is fine and my sticks are calibrated, but it's like i'm holding back left on the left joystick, but I'm not. Also, the props can't be wrong since I have the newer ones that don't let you attach incorrectly.

You say the sticks are calibrated? When centered in the Naza assistant, do they show that for sure?

Did this just start happening after some flights or was it messed up right out of the box?

contagious said:
The yaw is messed up. When I take off it just spins around and around forever. My compass is fine and my sticks are calibrated, but it's like i'm holding back left on the left joystick, but I'm not. Also, the props can't be wrong since I have the newer ones that don't let you attach incorrectly.

Thanks for responding. It shows them all green in the program. I once saw R stick looked off, but now it appears fine even though it's clearly broken.

I only flew it the first time fine out of the box and it had a small bump into the ground afterwards. Since then I keep resetting the settings and everything, but can't figure out how to fix this. The motors spin the right ways.

Not sure if this helps, but the little exclamation mark at the bottom of the software is flashing at me. I can't click it though. nothing happens :(

I've done basic and advanced and the one where you hold it and move 360, but no luck. It's scary because there is no warning light or anything just flies crazy when it appears like it will work,

thanks for responding. I just calibrated last night and now when i plug in again it shows it needs calibration which is strange, but anyway the values are:

Gyro X -1.8 Y -3.8 z -8.9 Mod 10
Acc X.02 Y -.02 Z -1 Mod 1
Comp -141 Y 81 Z 455 Mod 2675

This is before I run calibration again. I shouldn't need to re-calibrate over and over without flying right? It just sat here on the floor all night so not sure why the values would change.

contagious said:
Comp -141 Y 81 Z 455 Mod 2675

Those values are outside of the range the NAZA can work with, you'll need to do a more thorough compass "reset" using a small magnet. This view shows how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7Kf3uo93I

Also, if the Phantom was sitting still when you read the values you posted, you'll probably want to do a full calibration of the IMU (the gyro values look off as well). That can be found under the "Tools" section in the NAZA assistant software.

thanks I'm trying this, but my phantom flies just as wonky even in ati mode. wouldn't it fly fine in manual mode if it' just the gps messed up?

OK I did the magnet thing, but I never get yellow/red lights like the compass is wrong. just the green light only. Seems to think it's ok.

my numbers for compass are -83. -5. 461 2691

contagious said:
thanks I'm trying this, but my phantom flies just as wonky even in ati mode. wouldn't it fly fine in manual mode if it' just the gps messed up?

OK I did the magnet thing, but I never get yellow/red lights like the compass is wrong. just the green light only. Seems to think it's ok.

my numbers for compass are -83. -5. 461 2691

If it's still doing this in full manual mode (not just Atti mode), then it probably has nothing to do with the NAZA or GPS etc.

However, your compass values are still way out of whack, should end up in the 1600-1800 range for the mod field. Something is at least throwing your compass off (or keeping it thrown off) and you should start your troubleshooting there. Do you have anything mounted on the Phantom near the compass module (on the leg) and is it still mounted to the stock landing gear, same place/same orientation?

thanks I reset the compass and realized the big mistake! It was in the wrong mode for some reason. The mixer type was quad rotor 1 instead of quad rotor x! In case anyone else has this issue it makes it spin in a circle!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj