Please help! Drifting issues

Reaction score
Hi guys, I really need some help with this. Ive had the drone for over a year and have a lot of flight time under my belt. However for the first time I'm experiencing massive drifting issues when flying. The footage is literally all over the place now and when flying forward it's noticeably drifting to the right.. its also the same when moving left to right, the drone is drifting backwards. I'm also losing altitude as well.
As you can appreciate this is extremely frustrating especially for the fact I'm now filming stuff for clients.

I have done numerous IMU calibrations, compass and gimbal but this is not Fixing the issue.

This all began when I updated the **** firmware to the latest update. Can some please advise on how to sort this...? I would really appreciate it.

Hi guys, I really need some help with this. Ive had the drone for over a year and have a lot of flight time under my belt. However for the first time I'm experiencing massive drifting issues when flying. The footage is literally all over the place now and when flying forward it's noticeably drifting to the right.. its also the same when moving left to right, the drone is drifting backwards. I'm also losing altitude as well.
As you can appreciate this is extremely frustrating especially for the fact I'm now filming stuff for clients.

I have done numerous IMU calibrations, compass and gimbal but this is not Fixing the issue.

This all began when I updated the **** firmware to the latest update. Can some please advise on how to sort this...? I would really appreciate it.

Have you calibrated the IMU and compass after firmware update?

Have you tried calibrating Tx ( remote ) through app? Or resetting it?

J Dot
:cool:

Lastly
Can you tell us which firmware, your using ( bird and Tx ) as well as app version,( iOS/android ? )

Also
How are you going about your IMU calibration? You keeping craft DEAD level, and free from any movement?
I use a piece of thin glass across all 4 motor shafts, then level glass with cube level ( shim craft up to level with pieces of paper ), and I also perform mine on a wooden table free from any metal. Let us know?

J Dot
:cool:

It is difficult to say what has gone wrong with your aircraft but apart from the calibrations following affect stability of the aircraft:

1. VPS at low flying heights
2. GPS at high altitudes
3. Controller gains

Anything must have gone wrong during new software upgrade but start with adjusting the gains to the middle values and Highest values and note down if that makes any difference. Lower gains will make it loosely coupled, high gains will make it more responsive but increase instability.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Jeff watson
All sorted guys. I ended up getting rid of it and buying the phantom 4 lol.
Thanks for all the advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20