Please help clarify P3P and P3As models and corresponding ranges

Reaction score
We know there are several quad revisions as well as transmitters. But there is no single source document that details the models with reported ranges, for us to have informed and accurate idea of the ranges we can expect with the different quad/tx combinations.

Please share the models you know of, with their reported output. In addition, let's get approx ranges for these setups.

I would, as I'm sure most of us, would like to once and for all know which models (if any) really affects flying range.

Thank you

We know there are several quad revisions as well as transmitters. But there is no single source document that details the models with reported ranges, for us to have informed and accurate idea of the ranges we can expect with the different quad/tx combinations.

Please share the models you know of, with their reported output. In addition, let's get approx ranges for these setups.

I would, as I'm sure most of us, would like to once and for all know which models (if any) really affects flying range.

Thank you
Have you done a search? There are several current threads about this.

As I said in one of them-" From my experience weather, wind , temperature and flying style affect your range far more over 17-18k than the mythical de-tuning of the RC.

The only way to answer this is to actually measure the various outputs electronically. There are simply too many variables.

Have you done a search? There are several current threads about this.

As I said in one of them-" From my experience weather, wind , temperature and flying style affect your range far more over 17-18k than the mythical de-tuning of the RC.

The only way to answer this is to actually measure the various outputs electronically. There are simply too many variables.
I agree.

Reactions: Erroll
The manual I downloaded in May 2015 and the most recent manual on DJI's website have absolutely identical specs for the transmitters' power.

In the earlier manual they state a transmission distance of 2000m, while in the new manual they state operation of up to 5000m and transmission distance of up to 3500m. Where did the de-tuning myth come from, I wonder.

The manual I downloaded in May 2015 and the most recent manual on DJI's website have absolutely identical specs for the transmitters' power.

In the earlier manual they state a transmission distance of 2000m, while in the new manual they state operation of up to 5000m and transmission distance of up to 3500m. Where did the de-tuning myth come from, I wonder.
I don't see my P3P (W323B/GL300c) being detuned at all. It went 18256 ft with full signals on both video and transmitter. I had to turn around due to battery.

Reactions: Erroll

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.