Please don't yell at me...Gimbal Settings

Reaction score
OK, first off I'll admit that I'm NOT an RC expert. But, I've been using PCs since forever and I kinda know my way around some technical details. That said, here's my issue, and, yes, I've searched but haven't found just the right answer.

I have a PV2 and have now, along with Shrimpfarmer and others, gone to a P2 with zenmuse. On the P2, the gimbal doesn't tile with the lever on the back of the tx.

First, all software is up to date.
Second, all connections look to be good...the gimbal actuates when powered up and when the tx is connected.
Third, it's in nazam mode.
Fourth, all the fpv seems to work just fine.
Fifth, when reading the posts and helpful replies, some recommendations say to calibrate the Pitch(x1) switch...this is set at 10.
Sixth, when the bird is off, the gimbal depowers and "relaxes." When I power up, the camera is raised to the horizontal level. But, when I move the pot lever on the back of the tx, the camera immediately lowers to an almost full face down position, but does not raise when I reverse the motion of the lever.

I hope I have provided enough info for those who are more experienced to diagnose the problem and kindly provide me with some guidance.

Many thanks,

happydogs said:
Fifth, when reading the posts and helpful replies, some recommendations say to calibrate the Pitch(x1) switch...this is set at 10.

I hope I have provided enough info for those who are more experienced to diagnose the problem and kindly provide me with some guidance.

Many thanks,
Correct calibration of X1 is - press start below X1 cal and SLOWLY move your tilt lever a couple of times then click finish.

and thank you...yes, I did that...the x1 slider turns RED but when I slowly move the lever the slider does not move. so, is this an indication that the extension of the lever perhaps does not fully reach the "screw" on the board and, thus, the screw isn't turned and no signal sent to the gimbal tilt?

ok, I've had the bird on and the tx on and took the back of the clamshell off...had the phantom assistant running...went to calibrate x1...by turning the screw on the board the gimbal does tilt...albeit abruptly from top to bottom...no inbetween.

but when I put it back together the gimbal doesn't tilt via the tilt lever. This means that the lever isn't making connection with the control screw on the board?

netphreak said:
Have you calibrated the transmitter with the RC assistant software? Do that, and then calibrate in the Naza software. That usually fixes the issue.
thank you...have done all of that according to dji instructions and some excellent instructions in other post in a different thread. don't have this fixed yet, but there is still hope!!

problem all fixed. i had all the software at the latest update.

the problem was that, somehow, the tx was not calibrating x1 with the rc assistant. i kept trying and, finally, it took. did nothing different, but one attempt worked and it's worked ever since. all is now just great.

thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair