Please check your GPS position in app...

Reaction score
I am curious if this is happening to others as well. I have not used the "Find my Phantom" in the app, but with the flyaway possibilities, I wanted to start using it as a preflight check. Anyway, I started up normally, 9 GPS lock slow green blink, etc. Once I was off the ground and flying around the yard my position was not updating on the map and the google map just showed two points the red mark and the blue dot from when I started the app in my house there was not any map detail. I flew around the yard with virtually perfect control, finally had low wind in in NJ, and then landed. Again during the whole 12 minute flight, the google map details never loaded and there was just the blue dot and the red marker...So I dropped the Phantom Wifi and the map updated and loaded and my blue dot would move around my yard as I walked. I turned on the wifi and it connected to the Phantom wifi and the blue did not move...I don't have time to test again tonight, but will the next flight.

Is this happening to anyone else? If yes, maybe a possibility for some of the recent flyways...

DBSAM said:
Again during the whole 12 minute flight, the google map details never loaded and there was just the blue dot and the red marker...So I dropped the Phantom Wifi and the map updated and loaded and my blue dot would move around my yard as I walked. I turned on the wifi and it connected to the Phantom wifi and the blue did not move

Your smart device can connect only one network at a time. Phantom or internet.

So the "find my phantom" function would only show you where the p2 was after the connection was lost and 4g network was established?

I would have thought they would grab some map data for when you were connected to the p2v and therfore offline...isn't that how the ground station update would function?

DBSAM said:
I would have thought they would grab some map data for when you were connected to the p2v and therfore offline...isn't that how the ground station update would function?

See: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4394

"Next, familiarize yourself with the "Find My Phantom Vision" feature of the app. Before going out to fly, connect your phone to the Internet and open "Find My Phantom Vision" and pinch and zoom the map to pre cache map blocks of your fly zone. Later when you're phone is connected to Vision instead of the Internet, you'll be able to see the map because you pre-cached it earlier."

AnselA said:
DBSAM said:

See: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4394

"Next, familiarize yourself with the "Find My Phantom Vision" feature of the app. Before going out to fly, connect your phone to the Internet and open "Find My Phantom Vision" and pinch and zoom the map to pre cache map blocks of your fly zone. Later when you're phone is connected to Vision instead of the Internet, you'll be able to see the map because you pre-cached it earlier."
Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl