Play in Motor. Bearings?

Reaction score
So my front CCW motor has been moving around. First it was a tilted movement, meaning the motor would tilt very slightly from left to right. I tightened the 1.5mm hex screw right below the prop shaft and it fixed this left to right problem, however now I have vertical play on the motor. I can literally pull the motor up from the phantom about a centimeter, but it will sit itself back to its original position. Almost like pulling up a spring. The motor was already spinning a bit weird and was a fairly warm after a 6/7 minute flight. Could this be the bearings or the motor, and where/how to I go about fixing the issue?

Thanks!

Here are the pics, sorry for the side view. Top photo is it lifted up, bottom photo is in the normal position.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 791
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 767
sounds like a bearing issue, or as mentioned, the screws holding the motor in!?

Ive yet to do my bearings, but read that you can access the motor by unscrewing the 4 screws, tilt the motor up,.a and then replace the bearings .
new motors are $24 tho (DJI red or Phantom motors will work), if you opt to replace the whole thing.

here's the thread where we discussed bearing replacement,. I've recently ordered some.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31