plastic washers for h3-3d

Reaction score
I saw somewhere in the treads about some people using small plastic washers with mounting the h3-3d, to help cut down on the jello and keep the motor a little away from the battery. Wondering if anyone has a link to these tiny washers.
thanks

I've been hoping someone else would respond because I don't completely understand your question... specifically the "keep the motor a little away from the battery" part... both the battery and the H3-3D only mount in their exact, specific place. Did your Phantom come with a H3-3D like it already had the little hole cut in the case? or did you "upgrade" from a H3-2D Phantom and had to cut your own shell to make room for that top H3-3D motor?

as for jello, that usually comes from an unstable platform or loose mount somewhere. Have you tried any of the other rubber dampers? I believe the white ones come mounted by default, some people say using the black or grey helps with jello.

Wish I could help more I've never had video jello issues

I think skyhighaustin means that the yaw servo could be in contact with the battery sometimes.
This can cause several problems.
When you have the second version of the H3 3D you should't have that problem, because the mounting plate is a little bit thicker than the first version.
I don't have the link to the washers (I have the thicker mounting plate) Be sure to put in longer screws when you put washers underneath the mounting plate.

sijbren said:
I think skyhighaustin means that the yaw servo could be in contact with the battery sometimes.
When you have the second version of the H3 3D you should't have that problem, because the mounting plate is a little bit thicker than the first version.
I don't have the link to the washers (I have the thicker mounting plate) Be sure to put in longer screws when you put washers underneath the mounting plate.

aha at least I understand that bit now. I'd suggest to SkyHighAustin to go to his vendor... if the motor bumps up against the battery I'd call that a design flaw and likely they'd replace the H3-3D with the newer version, or give you a better mounting plate

Yeah it's the second phantom with the hole cut out. H3-3d older version(no ribbon) I am currently using the white dampers. I saw someone was using some small plastic washers in between the mounting plate and the phantom which helped fix the jello and the yaw issues. I used some rubber tape in between on mine and it cut down on the jello and the battery isn't touching anymore but still some minimal jello. Was thinking the plastic washer would be more solid then the tape though. I was gonna play w some different dampers this week. See if that helps too.

QYV said:
sijbren said:

aha at least I understand that bit now. I'd suggest to SkyHighAustin to go to his vendor... if the motor bumps up against the battery I'd call that a design flaw and likely they'd replace the H3-3D with the newer version, or give you a better mounting plate

Yeah I really didn't want the new version w the ribbon cable. Looking for a diff mounting plate... Hoping that works.

skyhighaustin said:
QYV said:
sijbren said:

Yeah I really didn't want the new version w the ribbon cable. Looking for a diff mounting plate... Hoping that works.

DJI makes a bracket for the old P2 bodies w/o the hole in the bottom for the gimbal motor, you can use that to hang it a bit lower...it comes with the longer legs you'll need for that as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31