plastic gimbal protector

Reaction score
Bought a gimbal protector. It seems like it fits so tight I am afraid I am going to break something putting it on and taking it off. It has a couple of plastic ridges that go on the bottom of the camera. I was thinking about sanding them down a little so it would go on easier. It just seems like to me it is way tight. Any suggestions.

Bought a gimbal protector. It seems like it fits so tight I am afraid I am going to break something putting it on and taking it off. It has a couple of plastic ridges that go on the bottom of the camera. I was thinking about sanding them down a little so it would go on easier. It just seems like to me it is way tight. Any suggestions.
(Later - as msinger, above) It's difficult to say - Can you supply a photo so we know exactly which type of gimbal protector (or lock?) you're talking about?

Reactions: Eik(P3P)
.I think it came from DJI. It is the clear plastic one. Just is extremely tight.

Attachments

• 20180718_174837.jpg
    20180718_174837.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 20180718_174823.jpg
    20180718_174823.jpg
    898 KB · Views: 365
Yes, that is the OEM DJI gimbal lock. I sanded the ridges off of my gimbal lock (as you described above). It's much easier to install/remove now.

I actually broke one of the the locking clips on my gimbal clip yesterday, simply when I was re-attaching. You can replace them easily for $5.00. (mine, a replacement for a lost original, was from B&H Photo)

Reactions: Eik(P3P)
my "winged" lens-lock-cover that came with P4P+
broke at one foot clamp; DJI sent free replacement
on request when I had work done under warranty...

I took a file and did the same thing. Not near as tight now.
A dremel with complete filing and honing and grinding is a needed piece of equipment in owning a drone. Helps in many areas of maintenance and repair.

I have P4P in its original case which fixes well the whole drone. I never put any gimbal protector on. I think putting the protector each time on and off might do more harm to the gimbal then leaving it in original drone case without the protector. I've never experienced any issues.

I have one that's a combination lens cap (which I didn't get with the 'copter) and stabilizer. The part that clips onto the base of the gimbal is very loose and I have to wedge a piece of a paper towel in to keep it tight... but I agree about the possibility that pulling the rather tight lens cap off every time might be risky, too. Still, a lens cap is nice to have, and the thought of that loose camera flopping around whenever I carry the case or put it in the trunk or whatever is scary, too. Sigh...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20