Plantom 4 Automatic Landing Crash

Reaction score
When I press the "Go Home" Button my Bird who was at 100 m Up, comes down very fast and hits the ground very fast, jumping and turning the blades to the floor.
The fortune was that it has no big damage, but this behavior worries a lot.
Can anyone explain what happens ?, Could be Solar kp to high or something else ?
Thanks for your help.

Do you remember if you pressed the home button and pressed the left stick down at the same time?
That's the new csc to shut down the motors in mid air.

GKPK, than for your a ser. when the bird hit the ground the motors and baldes were in full spinning, Also when I pick UP invierted from the ground. After that stops. BR

When I press the "Go Home" Button my Bird who was at 100 m Up, comes down very fast and hits the ground very fast, jumping and turning the blades to the floor.
Can anyone explain what happens ?, Could be Solar kp to high or something else ?
Thanks for your help.
...Pablo, if you still have the FlightLog file, could you post it or email it to me..?
vadata(at)yahoo(dot)com
Thanks
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Thank you !!!! I have send you My fligts. i will really apreciate if you discover what happened.

KR

Pablo

Thanks for your help.
...Pablo, I'm speculating a bit here, but i'm guessing DJI thought is that a RTH is typically an Emergency Situation so the drone needs to get back home as soon as possible.. i do agree with you that the P4 comes down FAST.. i've tested RTH a few times and have NEVER let it actually touch down because of its speed.. seems like DJI could put the VPS to use in this situation and lower the speed once it gets within meter of the ground.. but then again.. i suppose they want to sell parts too hhhaha.. i'm a lil hesitant to try RTH in Sport Mode, my last RTH test it did the YoYo thing at approx 12'' from the ground in p-mode...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

As already said in other posts with last firmware altitude reading might be incorrect and the bird doesn't reduce on time descend speed as he think is higher than reality. Have you noticed incorrect altitude information (from logs might not work, we just experienced basis visual estimates (we can easily see if reading ie 2 meters but flying 1m from ground) or flying with someone else in my case Q500.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: scatmanr1
Altitude is off and crashed because of it. Dji needs to fix this soon

Altitude is off and crashed because of it. Dji needs to fix this soon

...scatman, would you mind sharing your DJIFlightRecord_*.txt file (of this flight and/or any others) with me..?
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Would this have anything to do with the calibration of the bottom camera/sensor using the DJI Assistant, or the lack of calibration of the front and bottom camera/sensors using the DJI Assistant?

I had trouble getting the bottom camera to calibrate on one of my three P4's so I ignored it, but it went back on an exchange too for a bad camera.

Mr. IIIDaemon did you check my flight logs ? I think that the real thing is that the altitude mesure was not correct, buy what happend with anti crash sensors, they don't work ( the ones in the bottom of the bird ?

Mr. IIIDaemon did you check my flight logs ? I think that the real thing is that the altitude mesure was not correct, buy what happend with anti crash sensors, they don't work ( the ones in the bottom of the bird ?
...Pablo, I have checked some of them, there were 20ea..! I was hoping to go thru them in greater detail this weekend and I'll send
you an email.. About the VPS (Vision Positioning System), the sensors on the Bottom, they are Not Really Anti-Crash Device per se 'Like' the OAS (Obstacle Avoidance System) 'Might' be considered, the VPS is used to Help the craft with Altitude indoors (mostly), there is a 'Known' issue regarding the Altitude Variance.. and as per DJI '..they are working on it..' and it will come as yet another band-aide er.. i mean Firmware Patch, that is IF it ever comes.. along with the Gimbal Level Issue ..etc...etc..
...the following is DJI's Advertisement regarding those systems..
'..Front obstacle sensors combine with advanced computer vision and processing to give the Phantom active Obstacle Avoidance that allows it to react to and avoid obstacles in its path. Additionally, DJI’s Vision Positioning System has been refined, increasing its effective altitude by over 300% from the Phantom 3’s altitude to 10 meters and sharpening up its positioning capabilities, allowing for greater security and confidence when flying indoors..'

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
...BTW, i have a theory, can you possible send me (via email) a couple of your Latest FlightLogs..?

...Pablo, I just sent you an email ( 14Aug2016-1225am) with an attachment of extracted Flight Logs & the associated data, feel free to
email me anytime if i can be of help, thx and Clear Skies...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20