Pixilated/distorted recording from P3P 4K

Reaction score
Zane would have any advice on how to fix distorted images that are recorded while flying ? Does the memory card have anything to do with it ? I have included a still frame taken from a video recorded while flying . When I record video on my P3P and play it back the images entering the frame are distorted and don't come into focus until mid frame. All of my settings are on factory auto . anyone know how to fix? What a much faster memory card fix the problem ?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 391
Is the picture coming from a video taken from the SD card ? If it is something you got on your tablet, it can be very poor.
Is the video also distorted or only the image you take out from the video ?
If you take a normal picture (not a frame copy of the video) and retrieve it from the SD card, is the same distortion present?

Is the picture coming from a video taken from the SD card ? If it is something you got on your tablet, it can be very poor.
If you take a normal picture (not a frame copy of the video) and retrieve it from the SD card, is the same distortion present?

The distortion is only from video. It's a 32gig memory card I'm using. But I hear there are better quality memory cards that can improve tablet performance, don't know if it applies to a phantom

I don't see the link between the table performance and the video issue.
At first try the files on the P3 card, they are not influenced by the radio transmission.
You can try with the memory card that comes with the P3P. It is for sure ok in term of speed.

- The picture you show is coming from your computer, based on a video coming from the SD card of the P3P? If it is from tablet, quality can be bad due to video link.
- If you take a photo, not a video, is the quality of the picture on the SD card ok?

If you take a normal picture (not a frame copy of the video) and retrieve it from the SD card, is the same distortion present?[/QUOTE

Yes, don't look nice for a 4k video. This is only a youtube 720p video, so it looks to me coming from the tablet through the radio link or an issue when uploading to youtube?
I hardly think it comes directly from the SD card of your P3.

It's from the drone. It's on the card. The trans. Or YouTube has nothing to do with it. I have said over and over its the recording from the phantom. It would look the same uploaded in 4K played on an 4K HDTV transmitted via fiber optic. I can upload a video of me watching the video on my tablet if that is sufficient proof.

I don't see the link between the table performance and the video issue.
At first try the files on the P3 card, they are not influenced by the radio transmission.
You can try with the memory card that comes with the P3P. It is for sure ok in term of speed.

- The picture you show is coming from your computer, based on a video coming from the SD card of the P3P? If it is from tablet, quality can be bad due to video link.
- If you take a photo, not a video, is the quality of the picture on the SD card ok?
Still pictures are fine. It's just video. I'll try using the card that came with the phanton

So the hardware of your camera is at least fine. Try also to format the card in the bird through the GO app.

It's from the drone. It's on the card. The trans. Or YouTube has nothing to do with it. I have said over and over its the recording from the phantom. It would look the same uploaded in 4K played on an 4K HDTV transmitted via fiber optic. I can upload a video of me watching the video on my tablet if that is sufficient proof.
Sorry, was not 100% clear to me.

So the hardware of your camera is at least fine. Try also to format the card in the bird through the GO app.
So by random chance I ran into two guys at Taco Bell flying a P3P. I explained my problem and they said it's the SD card I'm using, it's too slow. That said to get a class 10 high speed SD card. But stressed that it has to be a class 10. The SD card has to be incredibly fast to keep up with the 4K HD that the drone is recording. Otherwise the video comes out just like mine is

So by random chance I ran into two guys at Taco Bell flying a P3P. I explained my problem and they said it's the SD card I'm using, it's too slow. That said to get a class 10 high speed SD card. But stressed that it has to be a class 10. The SD card has to be incredibly fast to keep up with the 4K HD that the drone is recording. Otherwise the video comes out just like mine is
Nice to hear it.

I was just about to say that you need a faster memory card.
This is the card that I have on my P3P, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q588D4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4