Pixelated video

Reaction score
The last few videos of my home has been coming out pixelated I have it set to auto is something else I should be doing?

You getting the vids directly off your sd card? Or is it from the live 720 feed from your smart phone device?

Maybe unrelated, but I find when I transfer video from the card to my desktop, I get quite a bit of freeze, smooth, freeze, smooth choppiness.

But if I load to YOUTUBE, or do some minor video editing (Windows Movie Maker), all is nice and smooth.

Don't know why...

I would think viewing the video file directly would be nice and smooth.

Eight year old computer at issue? I would think it still has pretty decent specs, including quad core processor.

HP Pavilion p6774y Magnesium Gray Edition Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Maybe unrelated, but I find when I transfer video from the card to my desktop, I get quite a bit of freeze, smooth, freeze, smooth choppiness.

But if I load to YOUTUBE, or do some minor video editing (Windows Movie Maker), all is nice and smooth.

Don't know why...

I would think viewing the video file directly would be nice and smooth.

Eight year old computer at issue? I would think it still has pretty decent specs, including quad core processor.

HP Pavilion p6774y Magnesium Gray Edition Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support
Yes, your old computer is the issue. The processor will just about cope, but almost certainly it'll be the integrated graphics that will not be able to handle Full HD. And it's pointless if you don't have a full HD monitor too.

Thanks!

Can you, or anyone else.... recommend a decent PC/HD monitor setup for video editing in the $1500 range, give or take?

I have. P3A, and no 4K stuff at this time.

The more I study, the more confused I get on all this spec stuff.

Even searching and trying to learn here! o_O

I'm hoping maybe Best Buy has something for a July 4 sale.

I have Premier 15, but haven't even opened it yet...

Or, should I consider editing on my new IPad Air 2 which is really only used for the P3A?

That process seems daunting, with no mouse.

I don't plan on doing professional/commercial stuff.

Just trying to up the hobby level a couple notches.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20