PIX4D

Reaction score
Hello does anyone know if there is a way to use pix4d with the phantom 2; i know u can use it with the P2V+ but i have a phantom 2 with H33D so...

The app states that it works only with Vision or VIsion plus and does not support other platforms for the moment...

It is a shame that u can't use it with the phantom 2. Now I read that if u take different pictures and then put them in the program won't it create the 3d thing?. Let's say we put the gopro in Timelapse for every 3 seconds and go round it then we put it in the PC programm won't it create it?

It will work, indeed. But it might be more difficult to get a good 3D reconstruction if you take the images manually.

Pix4Dmapper (Desktop Software) is free to use and is not limited to Pix4Dmapper Capture. So you can take pictures using your GoPro and feed them into Pix4Dmapper. The thing is that it is not so easy to take a good set of images manually, so we developed an App to help people acquire them automatically.

The reason why we don't support the Phantom 2 is that DJI's SDK is not compatible with it, and of course the App uses the SDK to control the drone =).

Something that could be done or at least an app or just a document telling us how to the perfect shots manually

Just installed the app for Android (Samsung S5) and the PC version to process the files I believe...

Any hints or tips or anything I should be weary of ????

Might test it out later today..

justin00 said:
Any hints or tips or anything I should be weary of ????

The App is still in Beta, and it might be the case that some missions fail. Just give it a chance, and don't give up after the first trial ;-). Also, we currently have problems with some devices that just can't run the App. If this is your case, you might have to wait until the next release of the App (or to try another phone). We release updates frequently.

Eltrochaphantom said:
I appreciate it but I can't find a specific one. Can u tell me in a written way or a specific link to a specific video..
I would say that "Pix4D Webinar 1: Introduction to Modern Photogrammetry and Optimal Flight Plans" looks like a good start to understand how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdZ8O2cWks

I hope it will help!

Good evening, I recently attempted to use your app and am having difficulty. I am using a galaxy note 4 and have yet to get past loading the map and trying to posit in the grid before the app says it is closing. Can you plz provide some help.

Eltro...
I have the same configuration as you - Vision Plus with H33D and gopro. Just set your GoPro to do simultaneous video and stills.
Turn off Protunes and setup 1080p@30fps. Go into capture settings and look for the vid+pics icon and set the interval to 5secs.

Start the Pix4D app and do a free flight. The mission will NOT work because it CANNOT detect the memory card.
To be honest, you don't even need the app. You can just fly around the object and take as many photos as you can. Make sure you ONLY copy the legitimate photos into the PC software (ignore landing and take off images).

PIX4D%20no%20mem%20card%20error.png

Pix4d%20Render.png

Screenshot%202015-01-20%2019.32.19.png

Just listen to Jonas. He is great help.

Mako79 said:
Eltro...
I have the same configuration as you - Vision Plus with H33D and gopro. Just set your GoPro to do simultaneous video and stills.
Turn off Protunes and setup 1080p@30fps. Go into capture settings and look for the vid+pics icon and set the interval to 5secs.

Start the Pix4D app and do a free flight. The mission will NOT work because it CANNOT detect the memory card.
To be honest, you don't even need the app. You can just fly around the object and take as many photos as you can. Make sure you ONLY copy the legitimate photos into the PC software (ignore landing and take off images).

PIX4D%20no%20mem%20card%20error.png

Pix4d%20Render.png

Screenshot%202015-01-20%2019.32.19.png

Just listen to Jonas. He is great help.

So take as many pictures as I want. How many do u recommend? And then I just put them in the program (I haven't opened the program yet) and let it do its magic, or is it a bit of hard work?

@lsteigerwalt: Currently we have some issues with some phones that crash when they load the map. We are working on this, but this is difficult for us to reproduce. This will be fixed as soon as possible!

@Eltrochaphantom: Pictures should have a good overlap, and good geotags. Basically, you can always try to feed images to Pix4Dmapper and let's it do its magic. It is just that if the dataset is not good enough, it will require manual work in the software to calibrate the dataset, and sometimes it will not work. But it is right: using the Capture App is not mandatory at all! It is just here to help people acquire images in a good way for processing by Pix4Dmapper.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucLIckILT4[/youtube]

I've downloaded PIX4D capture mapper on two android devices, they load OK but the view in satellite mode is so pixelated/blocky as to be useless. Zooming in further just shows a black map with some white grid markers.

Am I missing something obvious? Do you have to preload maps in some way? There is a Mapbox logo visible on the screen in the left top corner.

As it stands, choosing the grid to be flown would be somewhat hit-and-hope!

The app was downloaded a few minutes ago, and should be latest/greatest.

Any help/pointers gratefully received.

Adam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav