Pix4D Magic

Pretty amazing software.

I've done 3D prints of mine with amazing results.

Attachments

• image1 (7).JPG
    image1 (7).JPG
    725.7 KB · Views: 664
Holy moly, that's amazing!
I'm not at all familiar with the Pix4D software, mind giving a brief description? Does it output a file to be rendered in a 3D-program (i.e. Cinema 4D) or does come with it's own software? How about the animations and rendering afterwards?

manny said:
Holy moly, that's amazing!
I'm not at all familiar with the Pix4D software, mind giving a brief description? Does it output a file to be rendered in a 3D-program (i.e. Cinema 4D) or does come with it's own software? How about the animations and rendering afterwards?

It stiches all the photos together and creates a 3D model. You can do renderings and animations within - but they are very basic.

Wow... I've definitely gotta look into this. Is it possible to use this software with a v1.1 Phantom and a GoPro - or does it require the ability set set a flight plan to follow like in the iOS video above?

Jebus said:
Wow... I've definitely gotta look into this. Is it possible to use this software with a v1.1 Phantom and a GoPro - or does it require the ability set set a flight plan to follow like in the iOS video above?

"At present, the App supports DJI Phantom 2 Vision as well as the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ only."

But is it possible to submit pics taken with a GoPro into the Pix4D software and will it crunch out a model?

Jebus said:
But is it possible to submit pics taken with a GoPro into the Pix4D software and will it crunch out a model?

Yes. The software has nothing to do with drones. You can take the images however you want. Drones have just allowed better perspective images and you can do it faster.

I will say, this is not a beginner software or area to get into. Be prepared to do some work!

tbwester said:
Jebus said:

Yes. The software has nothing to do with drones. You can take the images however you want. Drones have just allowed better perspective images and you can do it faster.

I will say, this is not a beginner software or area to get into. Be prepared to do some work!

Thanks tbwester. I did some quick searching and couldn't find a definite answer to that. I'm gonna give the trial version a try and see exactly what's involved. Very cool stuff!

I did one of these for the first time today (P2V+ V3) and I'm amazed, but it took my modern i5 PC quite a while to crunch it all.

tbwester - what's the process/equipment needed for producing the colour 3D models?

Another question, there are no output options for the free version, how does the trial process work? Are there are other tools that can do this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub