Pix4D and Demolition Site

How did you settle on Pix4D vs. DroneDeploy, Maps Made Easy or others?

At this stage I've only used Pix4D and need to try some of these other ones. Anyone know the cost and feature advantages of these, is there a leader?

I'm just getting started and have a lot to learn. So far I've used DroneDeploy and Map Pilot. I fooled around with Drone Harmony but haven't flown it yet. I signed up trial accounts at both DroneDeploy and Maps Made Easy (Map Pilot).

DroneDeploy (DD) and Map Pilot (MP) are both great to fly with, different, but each has its strengths and weaknesses IMHO. Love the DD app interface and website app. Obviously developed by designers with usability in mind. Its mobile app comes across as slick. MP seems more techie, designed by the coders themselves instead of outsourcing to a design/usability team. I say this based upon my personal experience. I could be wrong? You'll notice differences in how the telemetry in presented and how the controls work. I'm using a 9.75" iPad Pro.

When it comes to generating your deliverables the results differ by nuances. DD wins my vote overall as they include the ability to embed the 3D model into your website. MP creates the 3D model too, but you can't embed it into your site, rather direct customers to it online.

What about pricing. DD will cost a minimum of $99.00 per month. This, while in my opinion is overpriced, it will fill the bill for somebody starting out who can land several jobs each month. MP sells you points. A fifteen acre or so job will cost about $8.00. Not too bad and I can see me using MP because starting out I don't think I'd land enough work in a month to justify $99.00. I'd rather pay as I go and eight bucks is pretty affordable for a modest job. If the job got larger I'd reaccess.

Along my journey I've seen amazing work from other pilots and businesses that have really scaled up big. Look at this DD blog post. The DD blog is a good resource with a lot of info :)

My results - One each from DD and MP. Phantom 4
1.) Maps Made Easy
- Fort Collins Wastewater Treatment Facility
- My website Version >> Note: 3D Model not available.

2.) DroneDeploy
- English Ranch Park Orthomosaic | Plant Health | 3D Model | Elevation
- My website version >>

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20