Pitch lever install

Reaction score
I have tried searching and I'm not finding the info I am looking for. I picked up a pitch control lever:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HKH ... UTF8&psc=1

You would think install would be rather simple. But it isn't. This part does not fit the transmitter. It almost looks like I have to trim the plastic "tunnel" in the transmitter body so as to allow the shaft to protrude far enough out the back to be able to attach the screw and also not destroy the adjuster itself?
Am I on the right track with this?? There are NO instructions for this. (That seems to be a common theme with these add-ons, no info!)
I searched on Youtube and found instructions for other types but not this one.

gabimaor said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NldIKFJCcJI

this should help

Well... I appreciate the link, but... before I posted my question, I watched that. It isn't the kind of lever I bought, and it's not of any help here...

]It's clear these sellers from China don't seem to care too much about instructions.

Just in case anyone else happens across this item-

1. You MUST modify the plastic sleeve on the transmitter body in order to attach the shaft/spring, as shown in the photo. Trim it down to where the taper is. If you do not trim this down as shown, it is not possible to use this item, the spring will compress and bind the shaft will stick way too far down, preventing you from being able to close the case.

2. The photos on Amazon are showing the lever installed up-side down. If you install it that way, you will have only a tiny amount of adjustment on the travel of the lever. I have watched several videos of other brands/styles of levers, and you can move other styles almost 180 degrees. If you install the lever as I show in my second photo, you can actually move the lever. In the other direction, you can only move it a small amount in either direction, barely enough to turn the adjuster.

If you watch this video, look how much adjustment there is with that smaller style of lever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXqniURc-I8

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• pitch1.jpg
    pitch1.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 840
  • pitch2.jpg
    pitch2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 791
After installing lever I found that it had very little travel....could only move gimble about 30 degrees .... so I took off lever and put a little knob so now I have full turn of the pot inside controller. Camera now swings full 180 degrees

Attachments

• 20140603_013433 (1024x768).jpg
    20140603_013433 (1024x768).jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 756
With it spun around like I have it, you get a pretty good amount of travel. I like your solution.
This is kind of the same deal as with the Walkera gimbal- If you don't reverse the top bracket, you can't install it properly on a Phantom...

Received mine today. Had to trim down the plastic as described. Still having a problem as this lever won't really turn when moving the small handle. It seems it's not a good solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabimaor said:
Received mine today. Had to trim down the plastic as described. Still having a problem as this lever won't really turn when moving the small handle. It seems it's not a good solution

I had to tweak mine and now it's ok, but I ordered a dial with a knob and am going to remove the handle. I will post up when I have time to do the surgery on my transmitter...
Make sure you have properly seated the shaft into the dial, and also make sure you haven't set the shaft in place with the dial already "maxed out" in either direction. You need to find the "center" of the adjuster manually and then insert the shaft. Then test thing in the NAZA assistant to verify the adjuster is actually working.

I understand all that but my problem is that the shaft doesn't really turns when I move the lever and the screw that suppose to attach them together feels like it is getting weaken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gabimaor said:
I understand all that but my problem is that the shaft doesn't really turns when I move the lever and the screw that suppose to attach them together feels like it is getting weaken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, one thing you have to do is make sure the shaft does not turn as you tighten that screw, and that you snug that screw down firmly but not so hard to crack or distort the lever. Did you get the carbon-fiber lever or the aluminum version?

PortPilot said:
I have tried searching and I'm not finding the info I am looking for. I picked up a pitch control lever:
You would think install would be rather simple. But it isn't. This part does not fit the transmitter.
Others trying to install these thingies, do yourselves a favor and get the genuine 'phantom slide lever' by DJI (google it). It costs the same, comes with fitting instructions and fits perfectly.
mt2525 said:
After installing lever I found that it had very little travel....could only move gimble about 30 degrees so I took off lever and put a little knob so now I have full turn of the pot inside controller. Camera now swings full 180 degrees
You could've just calibrated the travel limits in the NAZA-M assistant...

Just go for the simplest solution, ppl!

BladHaund said:
PortPilot said:
You would think install would be rather simple. But it isn't. This part does not fit the transmitter.
Others trying to install these thingies, do yourselves a favor and get the genuine 'phantom slide lever' by DJI (google it). It costs the same, comes with fitting instructions and fits perfectly.
mt2525 said:
After installing lever I found that it had very little travel....could only move gimble about 30 degrees so I took off lever and put a little knob so now I have full turn of the pot inside controller. Camera now swings full 180 degrees
You could've just calibrated the travel limits in the NAZA-M assistant...

Just go for the simplest solution, ppl!

The one I ordered has DJI logo on package, had NO instructions whatsoever...
/shrug

e9ydejyj.jpg

According to this we shouldn't have trim the plastic. Maybe it was our fault and too bad the thing doesn't come with minimal instructions.

gabimaor said:
e9ydejyj.jpg

According to this we shouldn't have trim the plastic. Maybe it was our fault and too bad the thing doesn't come with minimal instructions.

That does NOT work... LOL... The spring cant pull UP on the shaft...I saw that before I did anything. IT WON'T WORK.

I was at work and when I got home, I decided I'd humor the readers of this topic to show just how useless those "instructions" are.

Look at the attached photos- I went ahead and did as shown on the other untrimmed side just to show that it cannot possibly work if you install as per those instructions.

Notice the shaft is now forced UPWARD by the spring tension so it bottoms out on the peg. Fit the transmitter together and the shaft is a good 1/8 inch away from the adjuster. Then try and rotate that lever once. it will move a TINY amount in each direction.
I went thru all that when the part arrived and could see it was not possibly going to work that way... The way I ended up doing it resulted in the part being useful and functional.

Attachments

• lever1.JPG
    lever1.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 486
  • lever2.JPG
    lever2.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 475
I have the genuine DJI tilt thingie for my FC40 (which came with instruction that have to be read on a microscopic level), and it works perfectly.

Sorry I know it's not much help, but yeah, order one.

CarlJ said:
I have the genuine DJI tilt thingie for my FC40 (which came with instruction that have to be read on a microscopic level), and it works perfectly.

Sorry I know it's not much help, but yeah, order one.

Carl, while I have mine working fairly well with that crappy lever, (installed using my own ideas) I ordered a dial adjuster that mounts on the top of the transmitter...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1