Pilot app freezing up iPhone 6+

Reaction score
iPhone 6+ 64 GB
iOS 8.4
Pilot app 1.2.0
P3A firmware 1.2.8
Airplane mode in use

Twice now, the iPhone 6+ has completely frozen up while flying the P3A. The FPV image is frozen on the screen and the phone will not respond to any controls, not even the home button. I have to completely power down the phone, power it back up, and restart the app. I will then have FPV again. The aircraft does respond to controller input during the time the app is frozen.
From logs, here was the aircraft status at time of app freeze:
First incident, H: 311.6 FT, D 1688.6 FT, battery 53%.
Second incident H: 105.0 FT, D: 338.2 FT, battery 51%.
Other flights before and after have been problem free. The phone does not seem excessively warm at the time.
I searched for posts of others having this problem, but most seem to be Android.
Anyone else having this issue with iOS?

Last edited:
No problem

i am using a iPhone 6+ 64gb with about 50% free space on memory.

Was it hot out or were you using the phone in direct sunlight? Is the phone in a case? If so it's over heating.

This - the only issue I have had is when I have overheated... I bought a shade and that helped a lot

Thanks for the replies. I'll try without case, and with all other apps killed, next flight. The first episode of this was right after installing iOS 8.4.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try without case, and with all other apps killed, next flight. The first episode of this was right after installing iOS 8.4.

Yes i shut down all other apps but I leave on wifi and mobile data.

The same happened to me yesterday evening on my iPhone 6 (fw. 8.4) flying the P3A. My phone was in flightmode and all other app's were killed. The temp was 20C. I was outside in the open field without any devices or other electrical source nearby. iPhone was totally blocked and only power-button was responsive. This didn't happen before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31