Pictures of FBOSD installation?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the FBOSD installation? I am reading the instructions, but if anyone has any pictures they can show me i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I'm waiting to receive mine, but once I do I'll get some pics etc, and detail how I installed it, that is, if no one else has replied.

I'm waiting to receive mine, but once I do I'll get some pics etc, and detail how I installed it, that is, if no one else has replied.

You are not alone, I found the instructions left a lot of opportunity to misconnect something since they only show each connection one at a time and the boards have a symmetry making it easy to connect to the wrong side. Next time I have it open I can try to get a pic. I do have it installed in the picture in the link below, but it is underneath the main board on either side of the battery (FBOSD on one side and the minimOSD on the other) so no help for you :).

Night Ops Phantom

P.S. Note the toroid on the GPS line. I could not get GPS lock after installing the FPV until I installed that. If you have difficulty getting lock, 5 or six turns around a toroid chokes off any stray RF from getting into the GPS through that wire but is still able to pass the telemetry data to the FBOSD.

One more suggestion. I removed and reversed the connector on the programmer. This allows me to program the FBOSD without taking the shell off. Because the LED wire is so short, you have to orient the FBOSD with that end away from the battery opening and that is the same end with the programming interface. So you cannot connect the programmer in-system. With the connector reversed like this, you can slip it in (long nose pliers helps) past, hook it on the programming header, and pull back to seat it. Also, the green GPS wire is also readily available near the battery door (needs to be removed before programming).

Attachments

• prog.jpg
    prog.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 559
Probably not much help, but here are two pics of the two board "in system." I added heat shrink around them for protection. Another thing I did was group the connectors together using some spare 3-pin futaba servo conenctors. No need for solder. With a hobby knife, you can lift the retention flap and pull the metal connector out of the housing then snap it in place in the 3x1 futaba housing. Just makes it easier to connect. Good example in the minimOSD pic on the right side of the tray but I also did this for all the Naza-M connections (which I will post a pic of next time I have it open).

You can also see the programming header on the left pointing away from the battery door - hence the mod to the programmer. I suppose I could have reversed the header on the FBOSD instead. Hmm... that would probably be easier to use.

Attachments

• minim.jpg
    minim.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 591
  • fbosd.jpg
    fbosd.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 580
does the miniosd get really hot when you plug it in? i'm trying to connect it to the tv, but i'm getting nothing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20