Picture Quality ?

J&L

Reaction score
Finally we got some clear sunny cool weather. But do these pics look out of Focus on the left side mainly the tree. No editing or filters were used. I did shoot in 4.3 setting with a D-log color ISO 100. Am I doing something wrong or am i over reacting. When I print out the pics they look out of focus mainly the tree. Anyone recommend a certain setting. or is this an actual that DJI should correct

DJI_0032.JPG
DJI_0033.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0032.JPG
    DJI_0032.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 342
  • DJI_0033.JPG
    DJI_0033.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 359
I have just sent mine in for an exchange due to this issue. The trees at the front of the image look like where the focus point is. Listening to others here they told me the focus point should be around 10 metres. They also advised me to do any focus tests on a flat and level surface without the engines running. Also make sure you have done the IMU and gimbal calibrations, I was advised to do that on a perfectly level surface. Other than that make sure the plastic film has been removed from the lens which I'm sure you have.

If it was a windy day make sure your shutter speed is at least 1/150 sec.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Finally we got some clear sunny cool weather. But do these pics look out of Focus on the left side mainly the tree. No editing or filters were used. I did shoot in 4.3 setting with a D-log color ISO 100. Am I doing something wrong or am i over reacting. When I print out the pics they look out of focus mainly the tree. Anyone recommend a certain setting. or is this an actual that DJI should correct

View attachment 45182
View attachment 45183
Don't know the reason, but yeah, those look like shite.

Thank you for the replies. I just did a gimbal Calibration and a IMU Calibration took these pics from 6' in alt and 35" away. Video looks beautiful it just the photos

DJI_0042.JPG
What do you think post calibration. Its 50 degrees outside with 2mph winds

Thank you for the replies. I just did a gimbal Calibration and a IMU Calibration took these pics from 6' in alt and 35" away. Video looks beautiful it just the photos

View attachment 45186
What do you think post calibration. Its 50 degrees outside with 2mph winds
The focus I definitely off, can you get an exchange?

I bought from a fellow forum member brand new. Was never flown. He bought it in January and sold it to me 5 days later cause he went to a P3P. So it's still under warranty through DJI. I should email them.

I bought from a fellow forum member brand new. Was never flown. He bought it in January and sold it to me 5 days later cause he went to a P3P. So it's still under warranty through DJI. I should email them.
I was going through email with DJI and it was a bit painful. People recommend using the live chat instead. Can't you get it exchanged at the store to maybe speed up the process.

I went out and shot some photos today at the lake and in town. let me know what you think.
DJI_0043.jpg
DJI_0046.jpg
DJI_0060.jpg
DJI_0062.jpg

The right hand side is sharper than the left. I heard someone saying their sensor was off plane when it went in for repair. I would get it exchanged at the store or send it to DJI for repair.

The right hand side is sharper than the left. I heard someone saying their sensor was off plane when it went in for repair. I would get it exchanged at the store or send it to DJI for repair.

Yep thats what I was thinking. I dont know where he bought it so I will start a email chain with DJI

Yep thats what I was thinking. I dont know where he bought it so I will start a email chain with DJI
Cool, like I said though it was recommended to use the live chat.
Good luck [emoji106]

It keeps saying tech support is unavailable when I try to chat online

It did with me. I don't know where you live but you need to use chat during China's working hours.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

gotcha thanks I am on the east coast of the US

Reactions: RayH

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic