Picking up my new DJI P3A, Advice?

Reaction score
Been a lurking here for a bit and took the plunge and I will be picking up my new drone tomorrow, following the accessories thread, I've picked up an extra battery, hard travel case, multi charger, prop guards and gimbal landing guard. However I still have a few questions.

1) I live a couple of miles from a very small airport (no commercial stuff, just weekend pilots) what are the UK laws regarding flight near airports? I don't intend to go near it just interested in the legality.

2) Regards to flying experince I have flown smaller quads a bit and how will the DJI P3A compare, is it easier? more difficult?

3) Is there any other accessories I should pick up?

Any other newbie advice would be greatly appreciated :D

i picked up a p3s 4 days ago. took it out after charging and with no prior flying experience i was very impressed. very easy to handle. with the gps its stays in 1 place so you can take a moment or 2 to play with the app without worrying about it drifing away.

B
2) Regards to flying experince I have flown smaller quads a bit and how will the DJI P3A compare, is it easier? more difficult?
The most important advice for new pilots is:

The Phantom 3 is much easier to fly than you imagine.
The trick is to not let this fool you into getting too adventurous too early.
Do your early flights in a large open area, well away from trees, buildings and obstacles.
Be afraid, very afraid of trees, buildings etc. They are involved in most incidents.
Read up on return to home procedures, practise using RTH and cancelling it so you understand how it works and how you can resume control in an RTH situation.

The most important advice for new pilots is:

The Phantom 3 is much easier to fly than you imagine.
The trick is to not let this fool you into getting too adventurous too early.
Do your early flights in a large open area, well away from trees, buildings and obstacles.
Be afraid, very afraid of trees, buildings etc. They are involved in most incidents.
Read up on return to home procedures, practise using RTH and cancelling it so you understand how it works and how you can resume control in an RTH situation.

one of the first things i learnt to use was return to home and how to set it. i take to mins at the start of a flight to make sure my RTH spot is where i think it is.

also calibrate the compass.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic