Photoshop Lens Correction for Vision Plus

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just downloaded PS and I can't find the Vidion Plus on the DJI camera model criteria. Under 'Camera Make' I choose DJI and then under camera model it gives me Phantom Vision FC200. Is that the correct Camera Model? Then under Lens Model do I choose 'All' or 'FC200' ? This is all new to me so thank you for your help in advance, seriously.

Just choose all and run it.

The FC200 is the camera model for both the Vision and Vision+. They have the same lens profile.

I assume you've used the Vision app to set the camera to save in RAW? That's going to give the best results for the lens correction.

Ok thank you. No, I haven't set it on RAW. Are the camera settings for photography different then the settings for the videography? For example if I set it on RAW and then choose to shoot video, do I need to go into settings and change it back?
Also, TOTALY separate question but do the carbon fiber props work well on Vision+?
Thank you.

Gianttonyboy said:
Also, TOTALLY separate question but do the carbon fiber props work well on Vision+?

Is there anything about the stock props you find inadequate?
Most fliers here haven't found any reason to use CF props.

Gianttonyboy said:
Ok thank you. No, I haven't set it on RAW. Are the camera settings for photography different then the settings for the videography? For example if I set it on RAW and then choose to shoot video, do I need to go into settings and change it back?

Nah. Video will stay the same as it's been, pretty sure, no matter what you set the format to.

RAW really only applies to still images, and in DJIs implementation (as with most cameras), setting it to RAW will save 2 files... the RAW format file (which is much more manipulatable, including lens correction), and a JPEG file of the same shot. So it's a bit slower to capture, and fills your SD a bit quicker.

[/quote]Is there anything about the stock props you find inadequate?
Most fliers here haven't found any reason to use CF props.[/quote]

No they are adequate just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with them and what it was. Thanks

Okay, great to know about the video stuff. I did not know that when I use raw format it saved two files. Thank you.

Gianttonyboy said:
Hey guys,
Just downloaded PS and I can't find the Vidion Plus on the DJI camera model criteria. Under 'Camera Make' I choose DJI and then under camera model it gives me Phantom Vision FC200. Is that the correct Camera Model? Then under Lens Model do I choose 'All' or 'FC200' ? This is all new to me so thank you for your help in advance, seriously.

Is this feature included on Photoshop Elements, as I bought this last week and haven't come across it yet.

freefall101 said:
Is this feature included on Photoshop Elements, as I bought this last week and haven't come across it yet.

Hmmmm... dunno. I've always actually used it in Lightroom, because that's where I learned to use it before it was added to Photoshop. And, frankly, I keep forgetting that it's even in Photoshop now.

Does Elements handle NEF files? If so, then Lens Correction should be in the Camera RAW window, in the righthand panel, click on the 6th icon over ("Lens Corrections"). Activate the Lens Corrections, and select DJI, then "PHANTOM VISION FC200".

If Elements does not support NEFs (and, thus, does not have the Camera RAW view), then you'd have to use the Filter -> Lens Correction option on a JPG file... which does not do as good a job, and may be lacking the DJI profiles.

Gianttonyboy said:
No they are adequate just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with them and what it was. Thanks

One thing to be wary of with CF props is that they will do you really, really unpleasant injuries if you accidentally come into contact with them while the motors are running. Far worse than plastic props. I'd stay away from them for that reason alone.

freefall101 said:

Photoshop Elements does not suport lens correction profiles. You need the "full" Photoshop or Lightroom.

I'm having problems with Vision Plus lens profile not giving me a truly flat image in LIghtroom. Noticed in Defisher that there are different lens correction profiles for Vision and for Vision Plus. I fly both a Vision and Vision Plus - and I'm not 100% convinced the FC200 LCP is universal for both.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic