Photos

Reaction score
Hi, merry xmas l would like to know if theres a walk through to get the best setting out of the camera and the video. Video is great, the photos well they need a bit tweaking

Last edited:
I would always shoot in jpeg /Raw , use a image editing program ie paint shop you would be surprised at the power you have to rescue a otherwise bad shot using the Raw file, always use raw both with your drone and your handheld camera if it has the option is my advice .never underestimate the power or Raw .

Reactions: kirby
Early morning or dusk flights give the best lighting and photos. The bright sun is harsh and even pro photographers avoid it. Enjoy!

Reactions: kirby and FotoGeek
There's no such thing as the "best settings" but auto does a pretty good job most of the time.
Pay attention to your lighting and shoot with the sun rather than into it.
Took this pick this morning. Nice flying weather here in southeast Mi on Christmas Day

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-12-25 at 2.38.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2015-12-25 at 2.38.12 PM.png
    622.2 KB · Views: 524
What you need to do is, If possible, take a few test shots before the main event starts so that you can check how sharp they are.

Early morning or dusk flights give the best lighting and photos. The bright sun is harsh and even pro photographers avoid it. Enjoy!

Neutral density filters solve that problem of bright sunlight. Also in video, it will remove the propeller shadows/jello when flying directly toward sunlight.

a few tips:
-Shoot in raw if you want to edit photos after.

-Also, you could use AEB or Auto Exposure Bracketing. When you take a picture, it will take 3 separate pictures with 3 different Exposures and you can choose which one you want to use.

-Turn down Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation to -1 or -2. I have it set to -2 but i guess it depends on what looks good to you.

-enable the histogram graph and adjust the Exposure settings accordingly. In the graph, if the peaks are all the way to the right, then its too bright and make the settings darker, if the peaks are all the way to the left, then its too dark.

-at night, long exposure shots with a lowered ISO(to reduce noise) and 2" shutter speed make some great shots.

Last edited:
l have tried to shoot in raw and when l put the photos on the computer from the card there is no picture

Can't say I recommend RAW (I recommend you try it for yourself and compare if it's worth it for you).
For photos I get nicer results shooting bracketed shots then merging later. Photomatix and Aurora are good automatic Apps which give you a lot of control how it will come out but are dead simple to use to get knockout shots.
Stitching a panorama together will also make your photos stand out better amongst the aerial photos.
I usually take the Standard out for fun but sometimes forget that it's a better camera than any consumer drones from 2014.
I shot this just mucking about last week with the Standard and just running it through one of those Apps I was happy with the result.
DJI_0113_HDR.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic