photos still suck on mine. Thinking about returning it.

Reaction score
DJI_0042.JPG
DJI_0042.JPG DJI_0046.JPG DJI_0043.JPG
I bought a p3 pro last week off of ebay, and have 30 days to return. Photos are blurry, and am not sure why. The photos on my p3S were way better on auto mode. I can't get a clear photo, no matter what I do.

So my options are- to return it ASAP, and try to get a new one at microcenter, keep it for another 2 weeks and see what happens, or spend more money at Amazon or best to get a new one.

Here's some photos
DJI_0042.JPG
DJI_0046.JPG
DJI_0043.JPG

Buy a P4 and check it out.

eBay, Craig's List, sell all stuff you don.t need. Takes space and is wasted money in there.

Can you post a comparative of your Standard pics?
Not sure how much better these are, but they don't have as much pixelated blur as the p3 pro ones.

Attachments

• DJI_0033.JPG
    DJI_0033.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 605
  • DJI_0064.JPG
    DJI_0064.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 658
  • DJI_0098.JPG
    DJI_0098.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 585
  • DJI_0135.JPG
    DJI_0135.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 592
  • DJI_0064.JPG
    DJI_0064.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 610
Starting to think that maybe my computer sucks, photos look a little better on the ipad.

Ya your photos look fine on macair with Retina display

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The first just looks like maybe the air quality.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also, the second group of photos, I'm using all polar pro filters. For the first group all Dji filters. I think polar pro filters do make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reed L
The focus is softer on the right side.
Several people have complained of this problem. I would take it back if possible and get another.

When I first got this phantom 3 pro, I got a message to upgrade the firmware, below the message to upgrade, it gave a message saying"camera requires upgrade." Refer to the tutorial videos in Academy

I had to upgrade the firmware manually, through the sd card, it wouldn't work by just doing through go app. After upgrading the firmware, I didn't get the camera message. Just wondering if firmware has something to do with it or if there's something else I need to do.

5348420b2a75bf675c8ae74fa858187a.jpg

The focus is softer on the right side.
Several people have complained of this problem. I would take it back if possible and get another.
Maybe I need to take some more photos at a lower altitude. I'm probably 300 plus feet, whereas the other ones maybe 1/2

Sometimes the screw on UV filter is screwed too tight and touches the lens.
Unscrew the filter, check the UV glass and put it back but not too tight.

how tight is too tight?
Just snug it finger tight, plus you can clean the lens or check it to see if there's any film on it.

Your shutter is too slow.
Looking at exif on a couple I see 1/50th - you must be using a dark ND which is unhelpful with stills.
You could bump up the ISO to 400 to work around it during a 'video' session.

You could also apply some sharpen to improve things somewhat.
This one for example looks OK even cropped in. Despite 1/50th again...

01.jpg

02.jpg

on the still shots for the p3 Pro, I just used the regular uv filter. Only Nd filters for video

Those photos are not blurry. Crystal clear to me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik