Reaction score
I am ready to buy today. Either a vision or phantom 2

Here are the offers.

Phantom vision
Free battery offer
1199.00. Shipped

Or.

Phantom 2 + H3-2D Gimbal : $ 899
FPV - Transmitter : $ 75 (600 mw or 400 mw)
FPV Screen - High Quality - 7" - with built-in Dual Diversity Receiver - 32 CH - $ 200
Bracket to mount the Screen : $ 15
iOSD : $ 73.5
Misc. Cable and Connectors - $ 15
Installation and testing of FPV : $ 65

TOTAL : $ 1342

I like taking vid. But I also like photos a lot. I see myself taking more pics then vids

With that said I know the phantom vision does both out of the box. But I also know it uses 5 ghz for flight control. And 2ghz for vid. Which is different then the "norm"

So.

With the phantom 2 and go pro :
Can you take pics from the ground with the phantom 2 with go pro black. Or just vid?
Can I control the camera on and off from the ground?

I know this can be done with the vision. And I know with some extra parts to extend vid and fpv on the vision it can go pretty far away and take vid and pics.

What would you recommend and why

Thanks

THell said:
With the phantom 2 and go pro :
Can you take pics from the ground with the phantom 2 with go pro black. Or just vid?
Can I control the camera on and off from the ground?

It can but DJI recommends against running the camera WiFi,

Thanks Very much

I think I will go with the Phantom Vision... It seems like the total package and with that I get the extra battery as well. I can adjust the range of the TX by adjusting the screw on the back and can extend the Wifi by adding the extra antenna (as Uncle Fester did) and get some crazy long flights and have the ability to choose between pictures and video...

I know i will be limited to the Phantom Radio for controlling it but I am not intending to upgrade the radio at all so I don't see this as a limitation...

Just want to make sure for the $$ I am spending I will be happy

what would be the best choice for decent video and decent Photos. would like them to be stable....

Of The Opera said:
THell said:
what would be the best choice for decent video and decent Photos. would like them to be stable....

Phantom with a gimbal and a GoPro Black.

Vastly superior video and ok photos.

(assuming by "would like them stable" you are referring to video)

I agree and considering the short flight time, setting the GoPro for time lapse of something like 2 seconds should get most of what you want. You can't frame shots but that's about the biggest issue I can think of.

Just the frame grabs ain't bad.

Sharpest photos would still come from a gimbal as the camera is most stable. Run a Hero 3 Black on the new Phantom 2 you picked out. Just set to photo mode at an interval rate and it will take pic after pic thorough the whole flight. I still prefer the Zenmuse myself but others have had good luck with a Tarot 2 or GoodLuckBuy. However, with the Phantom 2 priced only $200 or so more with Zenmuse included and ready to go there is not the price advantage there once was to go with the 'aftermarket' gimbal.

One option is save the coin upfront and skip the FPV. See if you feel you need it after doing some line of sight. There is no need or advantage from a distance standpoint with the Phantom as you will be limited to the range of the 5.8 video which is not far. Even on the Vision you are limited to the range of your 5.8 control which is not far. If most of your photos are in wide mode you will have no issues framing line of site. FPV can also be fun just from perspective too so that may be your interest. My FPV setup is a TBS Discovery Pro running EZUHF for control and 2.4 GHz for video. That will give you enough distance and ability to go behind objects where you NEED FPV if you push the boundaries. Just know your intent in the end as best you can and that'll make your decision for you in my opinion. Good luck with your new toy, fun times ahead!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20