Photos Dark

Reaction score
I have to lighten my Photos on my computer in almost all cases, What should I set my setting on in the photo menu

If you are not familiar with the settings, go for the default settings that has auto brightness control. Check for the reset button in camera settings, that would correct values to default.

I have to lighten my Photos on my computer in almost all cases, What should I set my setting on in the photo menu
Possibly you have set it to underexpose with the thumbwheel.
Look at the camera settings toward the top of the screen and find the EV value.
i-kGtmQ4G-L.png

See the blue EV 0.
EV 0 = proper exposure.
If you have a + or - number there, use the thumbwheel to adjust back to 0.
Of course this is for an average scene and the adjustments are to allow for high contrast scenes.

There are so many tutorials to help for camera settings YouTube i.e Frederick Hagen, tomstechtime.com, desertdrone etc
I've found that the autowhite balance when panning horizontally to vertically especially on a bright day is not great. The tutorials gave me a better prospective and now really l'm enjoying the photography etc. Good luck

In my opinion the quickest to learn and best looking images is to use the Histogram reference! If you go on youtube and search for histogram you can quickly learn about the light and dark guide displayed on the histogram. Then it's just a simple change of settings based on what you learned and you will most likely have the best looking video and pics from that point forward.

The other day I actually did what I mentioned above and the results have been fantastic. This was a huge help for me since I use two different tablets that each have a different appearance depending on sunlight or not. This should help to get you going.

Last edited:
In my opinion the quickest to learn and best looking images is to use the Histogram reference
Yes, learning to read a histogram at a glance will help you immensely especially under sunny conditions when it may be difficult to judge exposure by what you see on your tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues