Photo quality

Reaction score
So been taking more and more photos with my p4, and i still cant get pics like i want lol,

I wan pics like this, this gy is amazing...

Beach art stills from a P4

I took this today, and while its ok, it just doesnt have the quality like the link above, why??

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:
Your image looks very good as posted, it would seem you might get to where you aiming for through further enhancement in your post workflow.

What editing software are you using? What is your workflow? What are your camera settings?

Your image looks very good as posted, it would seem you might get to where you aiming for through further enhancement in your post workflow.

What editing software are you using? What is your workflow? What are your camera settings?

This is after editing with lightroom,

workflow, is - either use some presets which i have purchased, or just play play and more play until im happy with it..

Camera settings always changing, but using polar pro filters, and trying to adjust shutter speed so either the ev is 0 or the image looks good on my device?

Appreciate any help

My images look good, but the seem to carry a lot of grain, in the link i posted above you can see how amazing clear, smooth and un-grainy his images are, there almost perfect..

Daz

I took this today, and while its ok, it just doesnt have the quality like the link above, why??
Different subjects, different lighting and different processing make it difficult to compare one person's images with another's.
A couple of points I note are:
Exposure - the white highlights on the ship are blowing out and the blacks aren't dark black.
Over exposure of an image is worse than underexposure.
In bright conditions it might be worth dialing in -0.3 exposure compensation and/or you could shoot AEB brackets to have a couple of exposure options to choose from.

Subject prominence - Your ship is only taking up 7% of the image area so it's really background and you're not going to get impact or good detail.
Get closer to your main subject if you want it to be the main subject.

Different subjects, different lighting and different processing make it difficult to compare one person's images with another's.
A couple of points I note are:
Exposure - the white highlights on the ship are blowing out and the blacks aren't dark black.
Over exposure of an image is worse than underexposure.
In bright conditions it might be worth dialing in -0.3 exposure compensation and/or you could shoot AEB brackets to have a couple of exposure options to choose from.

Subject prominence - Your ship is only taking up 7% of the image area so it's really background and you're not going to get impact or good detail.
Get closer to your main subject if you want it to be the main subject.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

You can't dial in any exposure comp in manual though right?

You can't dial in any exposure comp in manual though right?
I'm not sure ... I don't shoot on manual.
I use Aperture priority auto.
You can see how I shoot in this screen shot I took while waiting for a ship to come into position.
It's very bright with a lot of white water around the bow, so I've dialed in -0.7 under exposure and I'm shooting brackets of three to give me a few options because shooting a fast moving subject, you don't get a lot of chances.
That's what works for me in my kind of shots but there would also be other techniques that might be good too.
i-zZsVqLX-L.png

And here's a shot of the ship when it came into range:
My biggest concern was the bow wave burning out in bright conditions when most of the scene is quite a bit darker, hence dialing in -0.7.
DJI_0326a-X3.jpg

I'm not sure ... I don't shoot on manual.
I use Aperture priority auto.
You can see how I shoot in this screen shot I took while waiting for a ship to come into position.
It's very bright with a lot of white water around the bow, so I've dialed in -0.7 under exposure and I'm shooting brackets of three to give me a few options because shooting a fast moving subject, you don't get a lot of chances.
That's what works for me in my kind of shots but there would also be other techniques that might be good too.
i-zZsVqLX-L.png

Thanks meta. I'll have a play.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj