Photo or Video.

Reaction score
I feel pretty sure that when I first got the drone I could take photos whilst flying and recording video at the same time. Now it seems I must stop the video then take the photo.

So is it my memory playing tricks or do you have to stop the video recording to take a photo?

Getting old is a terrible thing. You could always pull a frame out of the video, however you do lose a good bit of quality.

I have been pulling a frame from the video. Must just be me :)

Its easy enough though to stop the video and take a photo. Just a bit of a pain in the photo frame to have to do that.

Thank you for your replies.

Ya video record must be stopped before still picture can be taken.

I find that pulling a frame out of the video looks just as good to me however.
I use Cyberlink as my video editor.

I swear I remember being able to hit the photo button while recording too [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haaaaaaaaaate when people post up videos of their ENTIRE flight. I mean start recording, take off, fly around, land, stop recording. So so stupid. I won't even watch those videos on youtube as a bulk of that video is a waste of time.

That said - I find if you're flying to capture video to reproduce those memories then record the footage you want and if you see an area or something you'd like to take a photo of stop recording and snap a pic.

At the end of the day you should have enough video to post edit and drop into a movie. I typically find if I shoot 30 minutes of video I only use about 4 minutes worth of footage. With good pictures in RAW to post edit for some amazing photo frame worthy shots :)

I must be too old too. Not just I remember taking stills while recording video, I also remember reading about that feature in some manual. I'll check if I have any videos and pics with same time stamp.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haaaaaaaaaate when people post up videos of their ENTIRE flight. I mean start recording, take off, fly around, land, stop recording. So so stupid. I won't even watch those videos on youtube as a bulk of that video is a waste of time.
While I would never post a video of my entire flight, I generally will record an entire battery's worth for good reason. Often, when maneuvering from one shot to the next, I'll find an unplanned for gem of a shot that makes it into the final edit. Storage is cheap.

Reactions: Frankc
I swear I remember being able to hit the photo button while recording too
I must be too old too. Not just I remember taking stills while recording video, I also remember reading about that feature in some manual. I'll check if I have any videos and pics with same time stamp.
You may be thinking of a GoPro camera.
It's never been a Phantom feature.

Reactions: rene van der meer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers