photo of sign banning Predator and quadcopter drones in Boulder Colorado

Reaction score
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 1 (2).JPG
Excellent signs at Boulder Valley Ranch open space near Boulder, Colorado.

Not wanting to violate the open space rules, I launched my MQ-1 Predator UAV outside the park. The only airspace violation was the Hellfire missile I launched to destroy the sign (with good effect on target.)

Comments from the "IT'S CALLED A UAV, DON'T SAY DRONE!!!!!!!" crowd are welcome.

photo 1 (2).JPG photo 2 (2).JPG

LOL Nice find Clipper, thanks for sharing. :)

On second thought, that may not be a Predator drone on the picture.

Some may interpret that to be a creepy 3DR Iris spying on a nude woman practicing yoga while listening to her iPhone in the Downward Dog position.

Reactions: bbfpv
Sounds about right for Boulder. Can be a strange place...

Typical Boulder mentality. Scary to think that the person that came up with this sign is in some sort of position to be passing laws, rules, and regulations. Clearly and agenda driven message. Hence the Predator drone. It would be interesting to know their reasoning behind this. Clearly the ding-a-ling can't be worried about Hellfire missiles being shot in the park while someone with a Phantom films it. . Denver is right up with these guys.

Reactions: garpt
I have a feeling these signs are going to become more comment than not b4 the year is out :mad:

Before to long all we will be able to do is fly in our own back yards (property). The someone will find a reason to outlaw that!!

Haven't even flown my radio controlled quad copter yet. (Phantom 3 Pro.) I've had a Trex 450 for a few years but haven't flown it in ages. I'm fed up with all the negativity I see on the news about "drones."

Makes me want to buy a cheapo camera and battery and attach it to several helium balloons and then walk the DC mall area. :p

It might point better if you put it on a gimbal. :D

Ho boy have you opened a can of worms with this thread. Some folks won't find it as funny as me. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.