Photo issue after firmware update

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
My Advanced has an issue following the firmware update.
I see a number also complaining on the dji forum with the same issue.
Every still comes with a few white lines at the bottom of the frame.
Like this ... full width of image
i-pbKCNb8-M.jpg

Detail
i-rddxkBb-L.jpg

Every one ... and formatted the sd card now and it looks like it's not going away.
Easy to see if your machine has it ... just click off a sample image.

After reading this post, I started up my P3A to check it out. I flew with the new FW earlier, but I didn't think to take any photos. This time I took a few photos and I didn't see any issues. No lines at all in 5 frames.

One thing to note is that it was inside and I wasn't flying when I did the test.

After reading this post, I started up my P3A to check it out. I flew with the new FW earlier, but I didn't think to take any photos. This time I took a few photos and I didn't see any issues. No lines at all in 5 frames.

One thing to note is that it was inside and I wasn't flying when I did the test.

I just went outside to send it up about 50 feet and I took 5 more photos. All were fine with no lines at all.

P3P running 1.2.6. No lines either RAW or JPG

I have exactly the same on my P3A (to the point that mine looks to be the same 3 horizontal, stacked lines, 3 short then 3 long)

Also happened after the firmware update.

Pics only, not visible in videos

16:9 simply trims the bottom and top - same as you can do yourself in software.
16:9 gives a smaller image than fixing in Photoshop.
I hope DJI fix this soon.
It's frustrating when firmware makes a good product bad.

Last edited:
Must be a P3A issue. I am in 4:3 and no issues with the P3P after FW upgrade

I'm not sure ... there are other Advanced users that don't have it either.

Good to hear that DJI are on to it though.
Two emails and two hours with "live chat" and I still haven't heard anything from them.

16:9 simply trims the bottom and top - same as you can do yourself in software.
16:9 gives a smaller image than fixing in Photoshop.
I hope DJI fix this soon.
It's frustrating when firmware makes a good product bad.

Meta4,
Can you verify that you did not have this problem in 4:3 prior to updating the firmware, and you do have the problem after updating to v1.2.7 for P3A? My P3A is brand new and I've only ever run v1.2.7 so I want to be sure it's not a problem with the sensor and is definitely related to the v1.2.7. Otherwise, I may consider returning the unit.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

Must be a P3A issue. I am in 4:3 and no issues with the P3P after FW upgrade
Jeff,
P3P and P3A were upgraded to different FW versions: v1.2.6 vs v1.2.7 respectively. So it wouldn't be off-the-wall for P3A to have the problem and not P3P.

Kevin H.

I have noticed some lines on the top of my photos since upgrading, rather than the bottom. But it hasn't been on every one of them.

I don't use 4:3 but on changing to that format the lines appear, three short lines and three long, not quite SOS in morse code, but close. I did have a different problem today. The camera wouldn't change back to video from stills, either with the video button or the app, but that was shortly before the app crashed so it may be caused by the same error that terminates the app. That is with P3A and Android. When software that has a memory error is recompiled it tends to generate new effects that are not always easy to replicate. A consistent fault like that should be possible to find.

Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 18.36.12.png
Ok, I put the camera in 4:3 this afternoon and on my advanced I have the same problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic