Photo editing laptop

Reaction score
Hi there, I was looking at purchasing a laptop for editing photos and maybe videos. I was wondering what the best one to get might be. However I am a student and don't have an unlimited budget. I was thinking maybe $600 would be my max. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Take a look at the HP, Dell, and Lenovo web sites and see what they have at that price range. Then call their sales phone numbers and tell them what you are looking for and what your budget is. Ask if there are any specials or unadvertised coupons available. I purchased a desktop and a laptop last month from HP that way. The HP sales people offered additional coupon savings that were not listed on their website. Also look at the Microsoft store, they sell "Signature Edition" versions of the various brands and they have Windows and no "bloatware" installed.

At your price level, I would look for the following: Intel i5 (7th generation), Intel HD 620 graphics, 8GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive.

I suggest you to look at a refurbished Dell machine. I actually have a Dell Precision M6600 with intel Core i7 2820qm and 16gb ram with samsung ssd and NVIDIA Quadro 4000M and RGB Led FHD panel.

The machine is 6 years old but it performs very well and it is about four times more powerful compared to a cheap modern notebook.

I found very good deals of refurbished computers like mine for about 7-800 usd on ebay.

Keep in mind that I am talking about a >5k usd machine brand new at the time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.