phontom vision 2 plus advice

Reaction score
Hi

I have acquired a phantom vision 2 plus without the camera gimbal or wifi extender and was wondering if i could use the camera from the phantom 1 so i could connect my phone to the wifi i know it sounds daft but i can not afford all the other parts at the moment and it would be far to expensive to buy them separate any way would this work or would i have issues thanks in advance for any reply's

Ken

Should be possible, if it attaches and works on p1, then it will work on P2+
Use pitch pin on NAZA F2 bottom pin, and you can make a plug from CAM port on Mainboard ( middle 2 pins ) of the 6 pin tab, ( can't remember off top of my head which is + and which is - ) for power, or solder power directly to main board, or use 3sbattery to power gimbal ( if your using a gimbal! Not sure what camera/gimbal is on your P1, so will depend on that! ) these crafts are very versatile , I found you can do more than you think with them!
I'd be happy to help with your wiring to make it plug n play, as I have been building wiring harnesses for a while now! And I have all the connectors pins, wafers, wires, ect! I would need pics of what you have, but I'm sure I can build the wiring for you, to make it an easy instal! Let us know?

Next: ( more importantly )
Does your old camera have the FPV stuff as well? Transmitter and receiver?
( this is where the problem might come into play if it is not 2.4 GHZ ) as the P1 is opposite from p2v+
( P1 runs 2.4Ghz to control craft, and 5.8Ghz for FPV )
( P2v+ runs 5.8GHZ craft, and 2.4Ghz FPV )
So you might have to change remote ( Tx ) and receiver in craft to 2.4Ghz, so you can use your 5.8GHZ FPV stuff.dont know?
I will need more info about that from you!

J Dot
Take care, Fly safe!

Hi J Dot

I have just noticed that 1 of my props are stopping before the others does this mean the motor is busted motor doesn't get hot no movement in bearings what do you think ?

Not necessarily,
Mine does that now and again, if the motor stays cool, or warm to the touch, is ok, if one motor is hot than you most likely have a bearing issue.
On mine I heard a clicking sound, which caused me to temp test the motors, all were within a few degrees of each other, except for 1 motor, nearly 20 degrees hotter, turned out to be a loose winding inside ( clicking ), and a bad bottom bearing ( overheating ) so I replaced all bearings in all motors, no issues so far! Knock on wood!
Just keep an eye and ear on it!

Hope this helps!

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl