Phone Loses Connection When I go High

Reaction score
So I have a phantom 3 standard
And it's great
But whenever I go above 30m in the air
My phone loses connection and the camera feed goes away and won't come back until I go lower
I wanna go higher and get better shots but I can't see anything and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :(
Appreciate any help I can get !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

OK can you provide some more specific details:

* Are you flying directly overhead?

* What position are your antennas in relation to your bird?

* Do you get problems in more than one location?

Sent from my Fusion5 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your Phantom needs to "see" the entire length of your antennas for the best connection. When it is flying directly overhead, and your antennas are pointing in the typical direction - straight up - the bird only sees the tips - not good. When flying directly overhead, try rotating the radio back so the antennas are roughly horizontal. Or hold the radio in the usual way and point the antennas outward.

Sent from my SM-G930P using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I have a phantom 3 standard
And it's great
But whenever I go above 30m in the air
My phone loses connection and the camera feed goes away and won't come back until I go lower
I wanna go higher and get better shots but I can't see anything and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :(
Appreciate any help I can get !
Yes, more details, your loosing the live video feed?
Do you loose telemetry?
Any error messages "lost remote signal" "weak remote signal" lost image signal" "weak image signal'
Lots of WiFi signals in the area, business areas, or lots of housing?
How flights have you had?

Oh, welcome to the forum!
:)

Rod

Hey thanks for the replies guys
Um
So yes I have been flying pretty much overhead
I normally put the antenna at around 135 degrees
I have flown it in three different locations and all have same problem (but the locations are within 40 minutes of each other)

When I fly I get to about 30m and the feed glitches
And says weak signal
Then it says aircraft disconnected
When I bring it down it gets the feed back

I can still control the drone
But the whole screen goes black and it won't tell me how high it is and it won't let me record and after 10 seconds a warning pops up that says "warning no camera connection( or something like that) do you want to return to home"

There are a few wifi signals as I'm flying at some parks near my house which is in a suburban area

And so far I've had 7-8 flights and yea no luck so far

Thankyou for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Doesn't sound good to me, usually you loose both about the same time. Note on a Standard the signals from the Phantom come back to antennas in the top of the remote inside. The antenna outside of the remote is the signal going to the Phantom which is working. Kind of all I got now.

Here is a search, there was a bunch of posts, earlier this year, some were firmware related.
Focus on video, image, data, telemetry.
When everything is working like it should it usually does what the box says. :)
http://www.phantompilots.com/search/16574977/?q=loose+video+signal&t=post&o=relevance

Rod

I have the same problem. Completely loose all signal on phone but can still control drone.

I'm getting the same response..as soon as I hit 200 ft ish I loose connection with the camera and have to bring it down or back.when I try flying outside the house it also happens after I hit the top of the house. I have just got back and it's saying I need to update the firmware so hopefully that will sort it out but anyone with any suggestions please help.

When I updated the firmware it made the problem even worse.. have downgraded mine

How can you search for updates or downgrades because it said I need to update but I couldn't because I had less then 50% so I charged both phone and battery and now It's not saying it? Maybe it's me being stupid but I have only had it 2 days

Your Phantom needs to "see" the entire length of your antennas for the best connection. When it is flying directly overhead, and your antennas are pointing in the typical direction - straight up - the bird only sees the tips - not good. When flying directly overhead, try rotating the radio back so the antennas are roughly horizontal. Or hold the radio in the usual way and point the antennas outward.

Sent from my SM-G930P using PhantomPilots mobile app
Don't forget that the antennas in the aircraft are pointing straight down too, so flying overhead is never going to be a good idea, even if you tilt your remote. Fly your aircraft away from you before climbing, so you can get more of a "side-on/side on" combo between RC and AC, if that makes any sense...

Reactions: Pharm
Wow, this thread got busy:eek:
@andyjb
@Nickjb1995
@Andy_R
To you guys, Welcome to the Forum!

So it looks like there may be a surge on this problem.:(

Anyways, lets keep it busy till it is figured out..;)

Rod

Ok so I took a trip out to the country away from any possible interference and the problem still exists. At almost exactly 30m altitude all connection as far as the phone is concerned is lost, although I am still able to control the bird with the rc, despite it having a red light and the app saying no signal (rc or wifi). Latest firmware seems worse than downgrading, although the problem exists on both firmware versions.

I get that at times too, always corrects when I start coming down in altitude a bit.
They are loosing like at 90'.

I took mine up for little bit yesterday, my wife was using the ipad, its slow, but works good enough. Could get to the video mode, would only take pictures. Good thing I didn't drive anywhere. :rolleyes: Whatever, brought it down, must not have been a good day to fly.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost