phone joined another network while flying

Reaction score
I was flying using ground station tonight and I lost signal. It was in my LOS and usually when its that close if I lose connection it will reconnect within a few seconds. this time I lost signal and it never reconnected. I watched it continue on its flight path and when it got close I took control of it and brought it back but still no connection to phantom, camera, or ground station. I hovered a couple feet away from me and opened to see if my wifi network was still connected to the Phantom but it was connected to my home wifi. I guess when I lost signal my phone automatically grabbed my home network and never connected back to my Phantom. Is there any way to prevent this?

This should work if you're using Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... izer&hl=en

If you're using an Apple device, it seems removing all previously added WiFi connections is the only way to work around the issue. That way your device won't auto connect to a device it remembers.

An inconvenient way to do it is to tell the phone to forget the home network (assuming iPhone >settings>wifi>click " i " buttn to right of your network>"forget this network"). You would have to input your key when you want your home wifi connected again.

Thanks guys. Yes it is an iPhone. This is the first time it has happened. Luckily most flying is done far enough from my wifi networks that it doesn't switch. Ill give it a shot. Too bad my home network is like 234 random numbers.

I still seem to be losing connection when I get to around 1000 feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers