Phisical damage on battery

Reaction score
Hi every one,

I've an offer from my friend's battery. He crashed thr bird a view weeks ago. And now he want to sell sapperate parts from it. I actualy interest with the battery but after I check. There're several damage from the battery. Could you guys tell me with who have this experiance?
Is that save to use the battery?

Thx.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441041423.085823.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441041456.717546.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441041503.554271.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441041519.176818.jpg

I wouldn't use it since it appears to be punctured. And, I definitely would not store that inside of my house.

I dont see any puncture, and if there were one it would have already burned up. I would agree that it shouldnt be stored inside, but that holds try for ANY LiPo! Personally, I wouldnt have a problem using it. I have many LiPos that are in far worse shape from heli crashes. They all work fine. A small puncture turns into an almost instant flame.. almost torch like, that grown to a BIG bit of fire and smoke!

Reactions: reboot81
I would not use it,it is not worth the risk, you could save a few pounds/dollars on the cost, and risk losing your Phantom, definitely no.

Look at the OP #1
Haha Bob, he is the OP. [emoji6] I think he meant a picture of the app showing cell health that Delirious referenced.

I wouldn't use it. Someone else here took a battery part and said those two side plates are aluminum and not just a sticker, so likely not punctured, but for sure dented. Did the battery fall out in mid air and land on a fence? Seems roughed up for some that should be inside the P3 housing.

Reactions: dirkclod
Haha Bob, he is the OP. [emoji6] I think he meant a picture of the app showing cell health that Delirious referenced.

I wouldn't use it. Someone else here took a battery part and said those two side plates are aluminum and not just a sticker, so likely not punctured, but for sure dented. Did the battery fall out in mid air and land on a fence? Seems roughed up for some that should be inside the P3 housing.
No-- wouldn't be worth the risk-- never mind flying with it-- much less keeping it around. I would discharge it to zero and toss it out.

Reactions: acherman

It should be out of phantom and hit somethink
There 's a damage on battery

Imeant the picture of your damage battery that worse than it...
Hahahaha

Reactions: bobmyers
Dump it in salt water for an hour then dispose of it in a hazardous waste receptacle.

BTW DJI will not allow you to return physically damaged batteries.

Dump it in salt water for an hour then dispose of it in a hazardous waste receptacle.
Dumping it in saltwater for an hour will not discharge the battery sufficiently to dispose off. The voltage needs to be drained to zero, and then it is safe to place in a landfill. I discharge it as much as I can on my charger using the NiCad or lead battery setting set at .2 amps This will get it down to between 5 and 10 volts depending on the battery. Then I hook an auto taillight bulb and in about three hours it will be a 0 and safe for disposal.

If the battery is not totally discharged, it is a fire hazard if it is punctured.

Ok, now you guys are starting to worry me. This is one of my batteries. That one dimple is the only thing wrong with it. I just put it in a lipo bag in the garage. Would you worry about/fly with this?
IMG_1600.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik