Philippines regulations??...going in March

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm heading to the Philippines for 3 months, and i want to take my Phantom 2
I will be leaving Manila right away and will be on smaller islands for the most part.
Can anyone clarify if it will be fine to bring it there, and use mainly as hobby, shooting video
I've read a few things online, seems to be kinda vague, or people don't really know
Anyone from the Philippies that has a UAV and can shed some insight, would be appreciated.
thx..

I don't know the answer but i would be interested if you can share what you find out. My wife is from Mindanao and we will go visit relatives in the future with the phantom.
My past experience with most officials is most problems are solved with a bribe aka tip. I'm not sure about airport officials though. There's a big thread here somewhere about taking phantoms to other countries and in it someone posted a link to a story where the Philippines was thinking of required pilots license or something. I think you should do your research if you can before you go. You would think info would be posted on an official TSA like website there.
Please let me know how it goes

Don't see it as a problem. When I went there on vacation earlier in the year, there were a couple Phantom pilots filming a parade over the weekend.

Although I highly urge you to secure and look after your stuff 24/7 though as the theft rate is severely high anywhere out there. I guess you should try to look as intimidating as possible if you notice people are eyeing on you, but there are people out there (especially kids) who would be really intrigued with the Phantom.

There is also some kind of "anti-selfie" bill going on out there, which basically says you cannot photograph/video a person without their consent (ie: person in the background of your photo that happened to get caught in it) with intent of making profit of the photo/video. http://petapixel.com/2014/09/03/the-phi ... elfie-law/ Something like that..

Yes you can bring and fly it here in the Philippines. Just put your batteries in lipo safe bag when travelling. Have a safe and wonderful trip. ^^

Im travelling there next year. Have there been changes in the regulations or anything?

I have been there in the past before the phantom was born, like said earlier I would be more worried about it being stolen than regulations.

If you want to ask other Filipino Phantom pilots any direct questions you can join the Facebook group DJI Phantom Users Philippines I'm a member there even though I'm not Filipino :cool: they are a friendly group if you have some specific questions I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav