Phathom 2.0 v3.0 H3-3D gimbal fpv

Reaction score
I know the answer might be in one of these forms some where but I am new to fpv and just bought a new phantom .. I don't have the extra money to just waste that why I want to try to get it right and I wanted to ask you professionals on here.. im on a rescue squad and will be using it for search and rescue and to do arierl photography so I want it to be right .. I was looking at the avl58 complete setup but not sure if that would be great or if I need to go a different way.. and I wanted to try to pick me a setup up during some black Friday sales ... and please let me know the best places to find what I need thanks

please help !!!! all help is greatly apperatied

thanks
Shannon
(kyminer)

Kyminer said:
I know the answer might be in one of these forms some where but I am new to fpv and just bought a new phantom .. I don't have the extra money to just waste that why I want to try to get it right and I wanted to ask you professionals on here.. im on a rescue squad and will be using it for search and rescue and to do arierl photography so I want it to be right .. I was looking at the avl58 complete setup but not sure if that would be great or if I need to go a different way.. and I wanted to try to pick me a setup up during some black Friday sales ... and please let me know the best places to find what I need thanks

please help !!!! all help is greatly apperatied

thanks
Shannon
(kyminer)
The avl58 is heavy. I would reccomend the immersion 600 - light as a feather compared - and a good set of after market antennas

What setup would u recommend ? Setup wise like what ant and stuff like that I know that I'm asking a lot but I'm new to this and can't afford to waste money via trial and error!! Lol and what reciever do i need to get or do I need to watch what reciever will work with what transmitter

Kyminer said:
What setup would u recommend ? Setup wise like what ant and stuff like that I know that I'm asking a lot but I'm new to this and can't afford to waste money via trial and error!! Lol and what reciever do i need to get or do I need to watch what reciever will work with what transmitter

I came back to the Phantom after i sold my 2D gimbal version a while back. Had it for a week now. I agree with Irish. The Immersion 600mw vTx is light and powerful. Here is what you need for the best FPV experience with immersion

Immersion 600mw vTx
mini iOSD
DJI FPV Hub Least amount of soldering. You don't need this if you are just going to do all the wiring and hide everything inside the body. I don't mind the visible wires

Now you have your choice as to how you will receive the data.
Monitor: Black Pearl 7" Screen (get the immersion version. 7 channel not 32)
Antennna:: http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=106

You can go Googles route. and get Fatshark googles. You still need to decide on antenna... but i still would get the set. can use helical for long range if you decide to do a long range mission or the regular clover for general use.

What I have so far is the mini iosd and the hub that everything plugs into it was like 14 bucks from Atlanta hobby .. Is that what your call a fpv hub and if I go with the immersion version do they make a cable so it plugs into the hub ! And for my video signal out do I still us the cable that's mounted to my gimble it do I need to purchase a different one .. Sorry to be such abother to everyone just trying to get me a list together to order lol

Kyminer said:
What I have so far is the mini iosd and the hub that everything plugs into it was like 14 bucks from Atlanta hobby .. Is that what your call a fpv hub and if I go with the immersion version do they make a cable so it plugs into the hub ! And for my video signal out do I still us the cable that's mounted to my gimble it do I need to purchase a different one .. Sorry to be such abother to everyone just trying to get me a list together to order lol

No. You have to do a little soldering. Only way to do that is to go avl-58. Then no soldering and plug and play.

I had the avl58 with my first phsntom. It's a little bulky but worked just fine. The little extra weight doesn't matter that much. If you go avl58 get the black pearl 32 channel version diversity monitor.

I'm pretty good at soldering if I knew what wires to solder where lol and the avl58 I was looking. At was the complete set the tx and rx should I just get the tx and get a moniter with a receiver built in or what ?

wait... wait. you don't want any DJI FPV equipment, the AVL58 or the hub. As was previously mentioned the AVL is the heaviest and worst performing option... and the "dji fpv hub" is only designed to work with it.
There are cheaper options but let's go ahead with the IRC600 transmitter... it's a great choice. I'm also going to assume you're putting in an iOSD Mini for telemetry data which you absolutely should do.
That all being the case, all you need is this $10 plug-and-play cable (no soldering necessary) which accomplishes the same thing as the dji fpv hub (tying together the Phantom mainboard, iOSD mini, and transmitter).
you'll also want to move the CAN-BUS port (where the iOSD Mini connects) up into the body of the Phantom for an internal iOSD Mini install, that way everything is much cleaner on the outside of the Phantom.

So everything previous now has you broadcasting a live FPV feed with telemetry info from the Phantom. on the ground most people who don't go with a goggle setup get a diversity receiver display... either the Black Pearl 7ch or Boscam RX-LCD5802 work fine with the IRC600 transmitter (the BP 32ch supposedly doesn't so be careful).

You'll also want good antennas, and probably a nice monitor mount for mounting the display to the RC. I suggest you head over to the FPV components stickythread and check it out, lots of good info there
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413

it works fine... idiot. the little extra weight won't matter. it actually performs better than immersion if you pair it right.

always a pleasure to have you in a thread daddyo. The AVL58 is widely regarded around here as the worst option and I'll back my statements with facts not insults and opinion:
The AVL58 is the heaviest option itself, and the DJI FLV hub is heavier than the plug and play cable. (= less flight time)
The AVL58 draws more power from the battery yet outputs less power than the other options. ( faster battery draw = less flight time)
The AVL58 is the most expensive option.

Why would you pay the most money for the worst performing, heaviest transmitter? I never say it doesn't work... sure it works but it's the least attractive option to people with any amount of fiscal sense.

Kyminer, I know Atlantahobby those are good guys. I know as far as you're concerned you have no reason to listen to me over daddyo here, but if it were me I would see if I could return the DJI FPV hub since it doesn't really do you any good unless you have the AVL58 transmitter... then go with a better transmitter and the PnP cable. your install will wind up much cleaner (as opposed to having cables run all over the outside of the Phantom with the dji hub) and more powerful. Don't forget antennas are a key factor in performance... a super powerful transmitter with crap antennas will be outperformed by a much less powerful device and really good antennas. If you're interested and don't already know I can elaborate on antenna concepts... directional vs omni, and the different styles like cloverleaf, pinwheel, helix etc

exactly how many grams equate to how much flight time? exactly. doesn't make that much difference. I promise you the little savings in the weight won't make a difference nor the power draw. The AVL58 is a boscam. I've used both. In the beginning I've used a plug and play option and not open up my p2. I have a new P2 and used the immersion. It doesn't have a fan nor does it have a case.

It's all preference. If you just want to plug and play it works. the wires aren't that bad. You can route them neatly. Mine now is hardwired and all tucked away but who cares?

My flight times were just fine and didn't suffer with "all that weight"... really... the couple of grams doesn't make a difference. real life experience.

he's confused with wiring just let him plug and play. it doesn't make that much of a difference really. shaving a few grams. and when he understands more and if he wants to... the extra 15 bucks isn't a big deal.

Nothing wrong with IRC600 and 32 channel Black Pearl. Gone over 1.5km (not recommended, keep it LOS, is safer) and am sure it will go much further...based on my experience with these models. Antennas on the other hand are everything. Stock ones perform very poorly. Worth spending money on a good matched set.

IrishSights said:
Nothing wrong with IRC600 and 32 channel Black Pearl. Gone over 1.5km (not recommended, keep it LOS, is safer) and am sure it will go much further...based on my experience with these models. Antennas on the other hand are everything. Stock ones perform very poorly. Worth spending money on a good matched set.

Some people have problems... some people don't. Why do you think they came out with a matched 7 channel? Skyzone goggles "claims" to be compatible with immersion. Some people say it works some don't. Getfpv.com and readymaderc now state that Skyzone goggles DO NOT work with immersion.

I'm using the IRC600 across my multi rotors... the reason why that gained popularity is because of the Fatshark community. There are far more fatshark goggles out there so rightly so ... the immersion is popular.

I would rather stay with proven compatibility. If you want 32 channels... stay away from immersion.

Range video sells both .. the 7 channel is SMA. the 32 is RP-sma. they say the immersion works fine but at reduced range vs the matched 7 channel.

My 32 channel is SMA

How does all this equipment compare to DJI light bridge, besides pricing of course

Can't. Light bridge operates at lower frequency i believe. and it is HD video feed where as this is at max 800x600 i think... but standard def.

Much bigger range.. but you definitely pay the price.

d4ddyo said:
it works fine... idiot. the little extra weight won't matter. it actually performs better than immersion if you pair it right.

A great way to show off our professionalism.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik