Phanton, Arris and GoPro sleeping with the fishes

Reaction score
I lost all control of the Phantom yesterday and it slowly wobbled down into the middle of Lake Siskiyou. I'm looking to move up to a bigger platform. Has anyone tried the Turbo Ace X830?

That looks very sweet! I'm thinking that my 4.5 minute battery time did me in. Thank you.

Its an interesting video, but I cannot find that model on their website.....their models for the x830 look completely different from the video

I live in California and I am familiar with Lake Siskiyou. Fresh water scuba diving is a lot of fun. I would imagine that there are not a lot of folks on the lake this time of year so there should be some decent visibility. If only I had the time to make it up there I could probably recover it. ;)

I just built an F550 and it is awesome. You can throw RCT800 arms onto it if you want to go even bigger.

http://www.rctimer.com/product_809.html

Thanks. Scuba divers are pretty rare up here. The Matrix link is: http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboacematrix.aspx
I'm looking for something ready to fly with substantially better battery time, a gimbal and FPV. Looks like the Matrix just came out in September. That's not to long to iron out the kinks. It looks good so far as folding arms and camera mount way in front. That should reduce the prop shadows. Hoping I don't turn into a complete water phobe. Several of us are susceptible.

Thanks, Ksc, for that link to the Matrix. I ordered one last week. Hopefully, I can resolve my water phobia. Not that is a bad thing.

flyshasta said:
I lost all control of the Phantom yesterday and it slowly wobbled down into the middle of Lake Siskiyou. I'm looking to move up to a bigger platform. Has anyone tried the Turbo Ace X830?

really sorry to hear.
how far into the flight was it before you lost control and such?

It was about three and a half minutes into the flight. I had no control what so ever. It really just wobbled down into the lake. Strangely, a motor boat came out to look for it immediately afterwards and his motor stalled, as well. Must be that Mt. Shasta energy. The lake is receding so quickly, I might have a shot at recovery-not that I have much hope of a working anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik