Phantom's little helper

Reaction score
Had this little guy give me a hand launching my P4 on a waypoint mission. I was ready for it and he missed the quad by about one foot. Degree of difficulty was about 2/10 but effort was closer to 8/10.
DJI_0068 (4).JPG

Scary :)

Good pic tevek! Nice pet, I bet he can REALLY jump too. Your wife probably told you this could happen, lol

Had this little guy give me a hand launching my P4 on a waypoint mission. I was ready for it and he missed the quad by about one foot. Degree of difficulty was about 2/10 but effort was closer to 8/10.View attachment 79260
Kingsley? are these domesticated pets? Or are they just local Roos that you have adopted, by feeding them so they hang around? I'd like to see video of these guys when you fly, to see how they react to the noise and flight of the drone. I'm surprised they aren't afraid of humans. Are Roos a protected species in Australia?

Good pic tevek! Nice pet, I bet he can REALLY jump too. Your wife probably told you this could happen, lol
Oh yeah they can jump, 4-5 foot is not a problem and they're extremely quick to react and occasionally shape up to fight you if you accidentally corner them. You're right about the wife, she has warned me many times.

Kingsley? are these domesticated pets? Or are they just local Roos that you have adopted, by feeding them so they hang around? I'd like to see video of these guys when you fly, to see how they react to the noise and flight of the drone. I'm surprised they aren't afraid of humans. Are Roos a protected species in Australia?
We have have four Roos that hang around, they are semi wild and come and go as they please. Kingsley is the alpha male of the group and there is another male, mum and joey that we hand feed with a bit of chook food. I'll dig up a video of them and generally they will just sit there and watch, unless you get too close, which I did yesterday and ended up with the the big fella having a lunge at the quad. They're not protected generally and are often culled by farmers to protect their crops, taste nice and create carnage when you hit them with your car.

So it's acceptable to take home the meat for meals if you hit one? Do Australians ever hunt for Roo? Is that allowed, like we do here for dear?

So it's acceptable to take home the meat for meals if you hit one? Do Australians ever hunt for Roo? Is that allowed, like we do here for dear?
Certainly if you are keen enough, many indigenous people do it out in the bush. As for hunting, as long as you are a licensed firearm owner and have permission from a land holder, go ahead. Generally I pick some up at the supermarket, easy to cook and a beautiful tasting meat. We eat emu as well for the same healthy reasons as roo meat. Both animals are everywhere down my neck of the woods.

Certainly if you are keen enough, many indigenous people do it out in the bush. As for hunting, as long as you are a licensed firearm owner and have permission from a land holder, go ahead. Generally I pick some up at the supermarket, easy to cook and a beautiful tasting meat. We eat emu as well for the same healthy reasons as roo meat. Both animals are everywhere down my neck of the woods.
We are the only country in the world that eats both animals on the national emblems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik